Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Check if you have set it to sort the reaction list of the thread reaction list and the number of items it displays under Content Rating's style properties

We previously used ThemeHouse's Reaction on 2.0 and don't like how they are handled in 2.1 but this looks like they used to.. We have like 12 ratings we previously used, can this system import those previous ratings so the user doesn't lose their 'karma"?

Assuming you have already upgraded to the XF2.1 version of ThemeHouse's Reactions; yes. Both add-ons use extend the default XF2.1 reaction or "karma" so will keep the same base configuration.

Is it possible to count multiple ratings as likes?
I have a list of members ranked on likes and i would like to rank them on the sum of specific ratings.

That isn't supported, I've been thinking of supporting ranking users by reaction categories which would help what you are after but haven't figured out how to easily implement it

Check if you have set it to sort the reaction list of the thread reaction list and the number of items it displays under Content Rating's style properties

This is what we have set, and we still don't see the reactions on our list page. Could it be something with our forum style?

Attachments

• reaction list.webp
    reaction list.webp
    22 KB · Views: 8
This is what we have set, and we still don't see the reactions on our list page. Could it be something with our forum style?
Try with the default style, what style are you using?

Any chance of releasing the post ratings to core XF 2.1 reactions importer separately?
Honestly it would take a lot more development time to separate out the importer than the entire add-on is worth to buy new for several people. And there has only been a few requests so far

Try with the default style, what style are you using?

Honestly it would take a lot more development time to separate out the importer than the entire add-on is worth to buy new for several people. And there has only been a few requests so far
Can I use the addon to only convert the old Post ratings to native XF 2.1 ratings and then disable or remove your addon? I'm fine with native for now. Want to watch out for addon bloat on my site. I had WAY too many add-ons in XF 1.x.

But I'd love to convert the old data.

Just purchased and installed. Something didn't go right.
  • I recently upgraded from XF1.5 to 2.1. Had been using Post Ratings 1.6.3.
  • Installation of this add-on worked fine.
  • Ran the importer on the data from Post Ratings/
  • Everything is now all dumped into one reaction (the negative one).
I assume that I did something wrong on the upgrade, but I can't tell.

Question: Is there a way to undo the import and try again? Would uninstalling the addon and reinstalling work?

Not really, the importer copies the Post Ratings into the XF reaction system. Worse Post Rating stores some stuff in Likes so simply clearing out the reaction table and re-importing doesn't work.

Do you have any backups?

Not really, the importer copies the Post Ratings into the XF reaction system. Worse Post Rating stores some stuff in Likes so simply clearing out the reaction table and re-importing doesn't work.

Do you have any backups?
Yes. Working on that now.

Can you please explain how the reaction_score is calculated?
My admin account has such numbers (shorten)
20.000 likes, 200 dislikes
The score should be 19.800, right?
But the score is now around 235.

How this is possible, please?

When i try to rebuild reaction data (one time with XF, one time with SV?), the SV-version needs around 10 seconds per item; if i break and restart, it is faster, but after 2442 i get an error 500. The next try it just hangs.

When i try to xf-rebuild:svcr-content-data, it needs around 6 seconds for one item.

I have added that index mentioned somehwere above:

alter table xf_reaction_content add index reaction_user_id_reaction_date ('reaction_user_id','reaction_date');

but it is still slow and will need around 12 hours from now. :(

Last edited:
Can you please explain how the reaction_score is calculated?
My admin account has such numbers (shorten)
20.000 likes, 200 dislikes
The score should be 19.800, right?
But the score is now around 235.
How this is possible, please?
Reaction Score is calculated based of XF standard behaviour. The content score is the sum of all reaction definition score * the reaction count. That is purely dependent on the actual configuration which you haven't provided.

When i try to rebuild reaction data (one time with XF, one time with SV?), the SV-version needs around 10 seconds per item; if i break and restart, it is faster, but after 2442 i get an error 500. The next try it just hangs.
What reaction data are you trying to rebuild? XenForo doesn't offer rebuilding of the same data.

When i try to xf-rebuild:svcr-content-data, it needs around 6 seconds for one item.

I have added that index mentioned somehwere above:

alter table xf_reaction_content add index reaction_user_id_reaction_date ('reaction_user_id','reaction_date');

but it is still slow and will need around 12 hours from now. :(
Your database likely needs more memory or faster disks. Rebuilding reaction content's reaction score will cause a huge number of random seeks which will have very poor performance on under-spec'ed databases.

I tried to rebuild posts with your rebuilder (there is a second with the same functions from XF);
yours maybe should have another name like "SV/Xon rebuilder".

Now i do the same with CLI and xf-rebuild:svcr-content-data; (now at 628; i hope it will be finished after sleeping. :)

The content score is the sum of all reaction definition score * the reaction count.

In my test-forum the reaction score is the sum of all reactions (+1,0,-1); while having three cats positive, neutral, negative, it is easy to see that the counter is correct. I hope that the counters are ok again in 11 hours from now. :)

The field sv_reactions of a user has
{"1":17713,"33":752,"34":31,"35":261,"36":224,"37":18,"38":16,"39":23,"40":115,"41":14,"42":47,"43":2,"44":2}

1":17713 => i should have +17713 for the score;
the rest is plus, minus or neutral.
But the sum of the whole rest is less then 1000.

But my score is 245.

I guess, that the score should be calculated from theses counters and the definition of their value in xf_reaction.reaction_score.

17713 * (+1) = +17713
752 * (-1) = -752
Score should be
+17713
-----------

How it could be that (which method or rebuild function) counts 245 instead something arround 16.000?

I have rebuild the field now with a small script, fetching user_id, sv_reactions and calculate the score by an array with values +1,-1 fetched from xf_reaction. For now the counters are correct.

Top Bottom