Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
@Xon, can you offer a separate add-on that just improves the Xenforo Reactions (without the style extra's as this one has).

I'm thinking that an add-on with the below features, will have less bloat and will keep the Xenforo stock experience. Right now, I'm not buying this addon because of the major style changes that it has.

• Whitelist/blacklist ratings by user group, lock to starting poster, and limit to forums (for threads)
  • Statistics integration
  • User Criteria integration
  • Selectable "default reaction" to display as the menu icon, can be Random, or None.
  • Permissions for:
    View non-visible (but active) reactions
    View reaction lists
    Remove reaction from content

RE: Content Actions. Unless I'm mistaken what this refers to, I think the current Post Ratings add-on for xF1 handles this well. The negative rating percentage is a nice feature...

Hide post after x negative ratings
After a post receives x number of negative ratings (0 to disable), it will be 'soft hidden' (i.e. with a button to show it again).

Hide post negative rating percentage
A post matching the above option for minimum negative ratings will also be checked against this percentage. Enter 0 to disable this. Any larger value will be treated as a percentage of negative ratings against total ratings that must be met on a post before it is hidden. For example a value of 60 would mean negative ratings would have to make up at least 60% of a post's total ratings before it is hidden.

Post Ratings 1.x has an option to 'Soft hide' a post with a button to show it again, which worked well as a way to filter but not censor completely. Would that be possible to add to the Content Actions of Content Ratings (in addition to Report, Unapprove, Delete)?

With XenPorta 2 installed when I rate a comment on a thread that has been turned into an article, after rating the 'waiting' animation on the page hangs and never stops. The rating action does go through after I check on reload. On regular threads the rating goes through fast as expected.

Checking the browser console:
In rate.min.js:
Chrome console error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'content' of undefined
Firefox console error: TypeError: a.ratingBarMenu is undefined

I don't have XenPorta 2 so it is hard to test. I'll review the implicit support for stock XF2.1 reaction support and see if it is doing something silly but it is working for other types from memory.

Thanks, I don't know if it's on the XenPorta 2 side or Content Ratings side, I'm working on the move from XF1.5 to 2.1 and encountered the issue. Since XenPorta is a high priority on my end I will hold off on activating Content Ratings for now.

I don't have XenPorta 2 so it is hard to test. I'll review the implicit support for stock XF2.1 reaction support and see if it is doing something silly but it is working for other types from memory.

Thanks, I don't know if it's on the XenPorta 2 side or Content Ratings side, I'm working on the move from XF1.5 to 2.1 and encountered the issue. Since XenPorta is a high priority on my end I will hold off on activating Content Ratings for now.
Hi,

Can you open a ticket on my site? I have a test build which should fix the error, but I'm unsure if it is fully compatible with XenPorta

Hey @Xon does the 2.1 version of this update allow you to select the reactions after first clicking on the like button? If you recall I moved to [th] reactions a while back during the whole 2.1 release fiasco. I may renew my license if I get a chance. I have access to 2.0.5 only. I currently don't have the money to renew. It says that version is for 2.1 Would you recommend I update to that in the mean time until I'm able to get a few dollars to renew the license or would you advise against it for the reason of bugs prior to the latest? Wondering if the bugs are substantial enough where I couldn't just upgrade to the 2.1 version I have access to just until I can re-cooperate some money.

It seems to be the same features as the 2.0 version. Am I right about that too?

Hey @Xon I thought I remembered something so I checked back. If it's too late I understand but I saw where you were extending licenses that were valid before 2.1 releasing, by 6 months. My license expired September 8, 2019. I was wondering if I can still get that 6 month extension that I never got. That would put me right at the recent release leaving me with a couple weeks where I could then get some money and renew.

Hopefully it's not too late since I was indeed one of those people. You can have a check at my license to make sure.

Hey @Xon does the 2.1 version of this update allow you to select the reactions after first clicking on the like button?
It has all the same features as the XF2.0 version of this add-on, and the option to make it so clicking the like button opens the menu is there (under style properties, "Open rate tooltip on click").

Hopefully it's not too late since I was indeed one of those people. You can have a check at my license to make sure.
You should have gotten an extension to September if I'm remembering properly. Please open a ticket on my site to discuss this (ie so I can find your account).

It has all the same features as the XF2.0 version of this add-on, and the option to make it so clicking the like button opens the menu is there (under style properties, "Open rate tooltip on click").

You should have gotten an extension to September if I'm remembering properly. Please open a ticket on my site to discuss this (ie so I can find your account).

Thanks for clearing that up. I actually think your right. I was extended 3 months and 3 weeks. It says purchased May 1st, 2018 and expired September 8th, 2019. If that's was the planned extension then your exactly right and I have no problem just waiting until I can round up some money. I can still make a ticket if you think something is off. Not sure if you kept the plan with 6 months or not, either way it's no problem just let me know.

My plan was to find out about this and if it was valid to get to a version that was at least more stable. I will definitely renew when I have a chance.

Does that seem right to you? Also if it does do you think using 2.0.5 would not break anything and would still be fairly usable? I'm going to renew it just may be a bit longer.

My recommendation is to update to 2.1.5 rather than 2.0.5, there is a number of bugfixes that I would recommend. It also avoids dealing with styling changes from the 2.0.x branch.

But please do open a ticket

Does anyone know if I have to do anything special when switching from [th] reactions plus? Or do I just uninstall the add-on and re-install this one? I'm wondering since xenforo has built in reactions that some type of importer probably isn't required. Let me know when you get a chance thank you. Or @Xon if you get on before I find the answer. Thanks.

Assuming you've upgraded XF and [th] reactions plus to the latest versions? That should be sufficient.

Some of the advanced reactions configuration will need re-doing; but no reaction data should be lost.

Assuming you've upgraded XF and [th] reactions plus to the latest versions? That should be sufficient.

Some of the advanced reactions configuration will need re-doing; but no reaction data should be lost.

Thanks yeah I figured that out a bit ago. Great work. Will post a review now.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom