Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Ah well, just uploaded it and the whole forum broke, just a blank page!

Doesn't matter because it's my test forum. :)

Does this need to be installed before the upgrade?
Yes, this ensures your data will be imported into XF2.1 reactions smoothly without expensive data conversion.

I just did an upgrade (test) and noticed that Content ratings no loo0nger works. Do I just install the 1.3.0 or should I revert my test back to xf 2.0.10 then install CR 1.3.0. and then re-upgrade xenforo?
Content Rating's does not work with XF2.1

OK, just restored my test forum back to xf 2.0.10 and uploaded CR 1.3.0 an the forum just goes to a blank white page.

Last edited:
coming to report the same thing. uploaded the files and it bricked the site

Code:
[20-Nov-2018 20:21:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught LogicException: Cannot instantiate SV\ContentRatings:RatingType (SV\ContentRatings\Entity\RatingType) without primary key values in /home/dressedw/public_html/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php:690
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Repository/RatingType.php(919): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->instantiateEntity('SV\\ContentRatin...', Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/DynamicRatingCounts.php(286): SV\ContentRatings\Repository\RatingType->getRatingTypesAsEntities()
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/DynamicRatingCounts.php(325): SV\ContentRatings\Entity\DynamicRatingCounts::getRatingStructure(Object(SV\ContentRatings\Entity\DynamicRatingStructure))
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(70): SV\ContentRatings\Entity\DynamicRatingCounts::getStructure(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\Structure))
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/Ratable.php(538): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->g in /home/dressedw/public_html/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php on line 690

I just ran the query to drop the data for post ratings and I uninstalled the post ratings legacy add-on and removed the files in library, but can I leave the files in /styles/ from the legacy post ratings add-on because that is where the spritesheet is?

Hello @Xon, I just purchased this and tried to install on my dev forum and ran into a couple of issues..

First, no matter how many times I uploaded the files, I kept getting an error that 8 files was missing, so I deleted the hashes.json file to attempt an integrity check of the files.

Second, after doing the above I was able to run the installer.. but quickly came to an error;

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'beta_community.xf_reaction' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

I'm preparing to upgrade from X1 and I wanted to use your add-on to import from Post Ratings.

Thanks!

coming to report the same thing. uploaded the files and it bricked the site

Code:
[20-Nov-2018 20:21:47 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught LogicException: Cannot instantiate SV\ContentRatings:RatingType (SV\ContentRatings\Entity\RatingType) without primary key values in /home/dressedw/public_html/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php:690
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Repository/RatingType.php(919): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->instantiateEntity('SV\\ContentRatin...', Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/DynamicRatingCounts.php(286): SV\ContentRatings\Repository\RatingType->getRatingTypesAsEntities()
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/DynamicRatingCounts.php(325): SV\ContentRatings\Entity\DynamicRatingCounts::getRatingStructure(Object(SV\ContentRatings\Entity\DynamicRatingStructure))
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(70): SV\ContentRatings\Entity\DynamicRatingCounts::getStructure(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\Structure))
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/Ratable.php(538): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->g in /home/dressedw/public_html/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php on line 690
Thanks, this should hopefully let me track it down, I believe I know the issue and will release a 1.3.2 to fix it.

Hello @Xon, I just purchased this and tried to install on my dev forum and ran into a couple of issues..

First, no matter how many times I uploaded the files, I kept getting an error that 8 files was missing, so I deleted the hashes.json file to attempt an integrity check of the files.
Which files?

Second, after doing the above I was able to run the installer.. but quickly came to an error;

I'm preparing to upgrade from X1 and I wanted to use your add-on to import from Post Ratings.

Thanks!
1.3.1 fixes that, but there is an issue if you upgrade from an older version cached data causes page load failures

As I told you in the thread on my site, I need to see the error from the xf_error_log
So I look at the table in phpmyadmin? On my test site, it just showed an error on the main page of this site when I upgraded to 1.3.0, but when I upgraded my main site to 1.3.1, it broke the entire site. I have since disabled the add-on on my test site so I could test XF 2.1. I uploaded the files for content rating 1.2.5, but my site is still broken.

Server error log
  • Error: Call to undefined method SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\LikedContent::normalizeRatingCounts()
  • src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/Ratable.php:394
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Nov 20, 2018 at 7:22 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(142): SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\ProfilePost->getSvRatings()
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(95): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('sv_ratings')
#2 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/Ratable.php(326): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('sv_ratings')
#3 [internal function]: SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\ProfilePost->getVisitorRatingCount()
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(940): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s11/public/sv_contentratings_macros.php(136): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\ProfilePost), 'getVisitorRatin...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(663): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s11/public/profile_post_macros.php(141): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('sv_contentratin...', 'rating_bar', Array, Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(663): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s11/public/whats_new_profile_posts.php(137): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('profile_post_ma...', 'profile_post', Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1250): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('whats_new_profi...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:WhatsNew\\Pro...', 'public:whats_ne...', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#16 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(30) "/whats-new/profile-posts/2469/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/whats-new/profile-posts/2469/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Server error log
  • ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Call to undefined method SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\LikedContent::normalizeRatingCounts()
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:0
  • Generated by: CarpCharacin
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(1) "/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Server error log
  • ErrorException: Fatal Error: Method XF\Widget\WidgetRenderer::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Call to undefined method SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\LikedContent::normalizeRatingCounts()
  • Nov 20, 2018 at 7:21 PM
Stack trace
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(1) "/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}

Which files?

That's the problem, it does not say which files were missing. I also saw that you pulled a fast one on me, as soon as I posted the message you released 1.3.1, so I tried downloading and installing on top of that which seems to give me more problems now lol! It Still seem to have version 1.3.0 action pending "One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance."

Again this is a dev forum, so no huge worries.. just trying to figure out what I'm doing/did wrong since I have not played with X2 much yet.

Server error log
  • Error: Call to undefined method SV\ContentRatings\XF\Repository\LikedContent::normalizeRatingCounts()
  • src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/Ratable.php:394
  • Generated by: Unknown account
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(142): SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\ProfilePost->getSvRatings()
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(95): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('sv_ratings')
#2 src/addons/SV/ContentRatings/Entity/Ratable.php(326): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('sv_ratings')
#3 [internal function]: SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\ProfilePost->getVisitorRatingCount()
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(940): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s11/public/sv_contentratings_macros.php(136): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Entity\ProfilePost), 'getVisitorRatin...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(663): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s11/public/profile_post_macros.php(141): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('sv_contentratin...', 'rating_bar', Array, Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(663): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#9 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s11/public/whats_new_profile_posts.php(137): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('profile_post_ma...', 'profile_post', Array, Array)
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1250): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('whats_new_profi...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:WhatsNew\\Pro...', 'public:whats_ne...', Array)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#16 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#17 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#18 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#19 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(30) "/whats-new/profile-posts/2469/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/whats-new/profile-posts/2469/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Server error log
Stack trace
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(1) "/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Server error log
  • Nov 20, 2018 at 7:21 PM
Stack trace
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(1) "/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
This error may occur when some files are being uploaded but not all files are uploaded yet. The error should not re-occur once you update all files.

That's the problem, it does not say which files were missing. I also saw that you pulled a fast one on me, as soon as I posted the message you released 1.3.1, so I tried downloading and installing on top of that which seems to give me more problems now lol! It Still seem to have version 1.3.0 action pending "One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance."
Frustrating. 1.3.2 should help, I'm hoping upgrading again fixes the "One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state" crap.

So should 1.3.2 be safe to upgrade my live site to, or is there still a risk of it making my entire site unusable?
Well you said 1.3.1 broke your site. It didn't causes data loss, just service unavailability. Upgrading to 1.3.2 should be fine.

Top Bottom