Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
This isn't part of the feature set.

I've been working on it, it is just taking time.
I didn't get any benefit from this addon. Still waiting 4 upgrade. And I don't know when it will be upgraded. Now I think i have made a mistake to buy this addon

SmartRewardingDutchshepherddog-small.gif

@Xon how we doing with this? we're coming up on 4 months months next week since the 2.1 release. i think we've all been pretty patient, especially since many of us are held up on upgrading several other addons that have stop supporting 2.0. how about a definitive timeline as to when we can expect this thing to be knocked out?

also, will you be extending licenses for those of us who have been sitting on the sidelines here for a third of the year?

I've made significant progress on re-basing the functionality onto XF2.1.

Work done;
  • Re-base core-functionality on XF2.1
  • Update importers
  • XF2.0 => XF2.1 migration process
  • The usage restrictions (whitelist/blacklist etc)
  • User Criteria integration
  • Delete/moderate/report content on a reaction category threshold
Major pieces to-do;
  • Per-reaction type stats
  • UI integration to replace/argument various functions is only just started.
    • This includes finishing the reaction visibility option
  • Test base add-on with XF2.1
  • Test XF2.0 => XF2.1 upgrade
  • Test XF1.x => XF2.1 importer
Did I mention some testing needs to be done?

And yes, my plan is to extend licences to give them an extra 6 months from the release date of the XF2.1 version, including ones which would have expired in January.

I've made significant progress on re-basing the functionality onto XF2.1.

Work done;
  • Re-base core-functionality on XF2.1
  • Update importers
  • XF2.0 => XF2.1 migration process
  • The usage restrictions (whitelist/blacklist etc)
  • User Criteria integration
  • Delete/moderate/report content on a reaction category threshold
Major pieces to-do;
  • Per-reaction type stats
  • UI integration to replace/argument various functions is only just started.
    • This includes finishing the reaction visibility option
  • Test base add-on with XF2.1
  • Test XF2.0 => XF2.1 upgrade
  • Test XF1.x => XF2.1 importer
Did I mention some testing needs to be done?

And yes, my plan is to extend licences to give them an extra 6 months from the release date of the XF2.1 version, including ones which would have expired in January.
DA6DBBE5-EA58-4982-874A-0E9590F7BFF0.gif

That's great @Xon and I'm excited to hear this. My license expired close to a month or so ago so it will be good to get access to 2.1 even though I would be renewing at some point anyway. I appreciate you doing this.

After import of xf1 post ratings, is it safe to uninstall the legacy add-on?

In my test I notice it left behind phrases for the custom ratings, which I had to delete from master language.

Is the above OK, and anything else I would need to do for a final clean-up, thanks.

After import of xf1 post ratings, is it safe to uninstall the legacy add-on?

In my test I notice it left behind phrases for the custom ratings, which I had to delete from master language.

Is the above OK, and anything else I would need to do for a final clean-up, thanks.
Yes, it is safe to uninstall the legacy add-on. There are some tables you can safely remove which the FAQ lists

I have installed siropu's 404 add-on, and am seeing a whole load (hundreds or thousands) of bad links that seem to be connected with this addon.

The URLs all seem to look something like this:

Code:
https://cafesaxophone.com/rating/list?content_type=post&content_id=317252&rating_type_category_id=3

Any idea what is causing this? (NB: Content ratings is currently disabled while waiting for 2.1 update)

Not sure why that is being hit when the add-on is disabled; can you see the referrer? Could be a stupid bot

Not sure why that is being hit when the add-on is disabled; can you see the referrer? Could be a stupid bot

So is that URL from Content ratings? Referrer says N/A so I have no idea. (I do have stupid bots looking for Wordpress URLs!)

But there are loads and loads, coming this and fast:

Do you think this issue was a one-off or do you think similar issues might happen with 2.2, etc? I'm asssuming that it was a complete and unfortunate one-off situation?

I'm not particularly bothered about the cost or extensions but not being unable to update to the latest version for 6 months is probably a dealbreaker if it keeps happening each time. As a one-off this addon is definitely worth the wait.

OK, but I wonder why would they be even finding those URLs if the add-on is disabled?

Could it be that disabling has still left some page hanging around?
If the add-on is disabled, those links would not be generated at all.

Do you think this issue was a one-off or do you think similar issues might happen with 2.2, etc? I'm asssuming that it was a complete and unfortunate one-off situation?

I'm not particularly bothered about the cost or extensions but not being unable to update to the latest version for 6 months is probably a dealbreaker if it keeps happening each time. As a one-off this addon is definitely worth the wait.
Once off, as there was additional complications with scheduling around personal events, and all the other add-on work I've been doing for migrating two reasonably large sites to XF2.

Top Bottom