XF 2.0 Conflicts with uninstalled addons

Mr Lucky

I have uninstalled addons (in xf 1.5. before upgrading) but after uploading xf2 files and attempt to upgrade I get this warning:

Known conflicts with the following third-party add-ons have been detected:
  • [TH] Custom Fields
  • [bd] Widget Framework
Conflicts will be resolved during the upgrade process by renaming affected database tables and columns. If you do not intend to use the add-ons after upgrading, you may prefer to restore the XenForo files from your previous version and uninstall the conflicting add-ons. The add-on authors may have more specific recommendations for resolving these conflicts.

Why would there be conflicts if I have uninstalled the addons in xf1?

(I noted that after uninstalling, the tables from those addons were no longer in the database)

Last edited:
Because the add-on developers have forgotten to remove all of their database tables and/or schema changes during uninstallation.

This doesn't block the upgrade (anymore) though so should be safe to proceed. Let us know how you get on :)

Because the add-on developers have forgotten to remove all of their database tables and/or schema changes during uninstallation.

This doesn't block the upgrade (anymore) though so should be safe to proceed. Let us know how you get on :)

Yes the upgrade went OK, but three pages of server error logs

I just did a test uninstall and upgrade to xf2 with Custom Fields and it seems to remove all of the fields correctly from what I can tell, what fields were left when you uninstalled?

What about the tables?

I've just had a peek inside the installer and I can't see anything that removes things from the tables listed in the _getTables method, which includes xf_thread_field amongst others.

What about the tables?

I've just had a peek inside the installer and I can't see anything that removes things from the tables listed in the _getTables method, which includes xf_thread_field amongst others.

Tables created through _getTables are automatically removed on uninstall as well in the Waindigo/ThemeHouse_Install::_uninstall method

There are 63, what's the best way to get a list of them?
I likely just need the message itself, not any of the stack trace, so screenshots may be simplest. (Otherwise copy and paste would work.)

I mostly just want to confirm that they're from elements that add-ons likely created. These logs are expected if conflicts arise (so you/the add-on dev can be aware of them).

That definitely doesn't remove the xf_widget table, at least not the version released here.

Are you sure? I just did a test upgrade yesterday after uninstalling it (not 100% sure of the version, so it may have been a newer one from his GitHub) and I don't think I had to manually remove any tables, looks like it has the code in Installer.php to remove it in 2.5.9 (latest version released here)

Code:
/* Start auto-generated lines of code. Change made will be overwriten... */

protected static $_tables = array(
        'xf_widget' => array(
            'createQuery' => '...',
            'dropQuery' => 'DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `xf_widget`',
        ),
    );

and inside the uninstall function:

Code:
foreach (self::$_tables as $table) {
        $db->query($table['dropQuery']);
}

Ah well the whole thing went pear shaped anyway when I subsequently uploaded the wrong for a different site by mistake, so started the whole process again and this time it was fine. So I don't know...

Top Bottom