XF 2.0 Delete uninstalled addon files in internal_data

Mr Lucky

Before upgrading to xf2 I am uninstalling a lot of addons. To clean up the folder/file system obviousy I can remove the addon folders themeselves from /js/ /library/ and /styles/ but I am wondering about stuff in the /internal_data/templates/ folder.

There are loads of files, some of which are obviously from an addon and I presume those can go, but is it safe to delete the entire folder?

How about /temp/ and /xengallery ?

Thanks

After upgrading, you can remove internal_data/templates/, but I wouldn't remove it in XF1. An alternative would be to disable templates as files and then re-enable it, as I believe that will empty and recreate the directory.

internal_data/temp/ is needed, though you can generally remove any temporary files there. (Look at the last modified date; if there's anything very recent, leave it as it may still be used.)

If you don't have XFMG installed, you can remove internal_data/xengallery/.

After upgrading, you can remove internal_data/templates/, but I wouldn't remove it in XF1. An alternative would be to disable templates as files and then re-enable it, as I believe that will empty and recreate the directory.

Thanks!

OK, but I notice that there is no templates as files in xf2, so what is the advantage in re-enabling after disabling and then upgrading? Or is it there in xf2 but under some other name and section of options.

Thanks!

OK, but I notice that there is no templates as files in xf2, so what is the advantage in re-enabling after disabling and then upgrading? Or is it there in xf2 but under some other name and section of options.

In XF2, templates are always served as files - there’s no way to disable it.

Liam

In XF2, templates are always served as files - there’s no way to disable it.

Liam

OK, thanks. Where are they? And do they get removed on uninstalling an addon?

This might expain an issue I had where a database with addon installed was restored to an earlier one without the addon. There were errors related to that database even though it was not installed - maybe because the template files were still there.

Top Bottom