Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I'm a recent purchaser and have gone through all 55 pages of this thread but didn't see answers for some items (doens't mean that they aren't there, just that I may have missed them ;))...

• I have chat on both my forum home page (https://aliensoup.com) and it's own page (https://aliensoup.com/chat). I have the default option "Show Chatter List" turned on. What I would prefer is that when the chat is embedded on the home page that chatter list is turned off by default but when viewing the dedicated page that the chatter list is turned on by default. Is there anything I can add to, for example, extra.css to hide the chatter list by default just on the forum home page?
  • I have the "Enable Sound" options turned on but it seems like it only beeps when I write a message, not others. If I have multiple browser tabs open I am not getting any notification that somebody else has written something.
  • How do I change the avatar shown for the chat bot? Ideally I would prefer being able to specify an actual forum user ID for the chat bot notifications since there is already a forum user account being used for stuff like RSS feeds but short of that I'd like to make the chat bot user look as close as possible to the forum user including the same avatar.

Try this css:
Code:
#siropuChat.siropuChatForumsList #siropuChatUsers {display: none;}
The sound doesn't play when chat page is not active. You can use this option instead "Enable new message window blink alert".
You can change the avatar from the chat style properties.

Try this css:
Thanks, that is what I was after. (y) To also expand the comments area I ended up using this...
Code:
#siropuChat.siropuChatForumsList #siropuChatMessages {width: auto !important;}
#siropuChat.siropuChatForumsList #siropuChatUsers {display: none !important;}
The sound doesn't play when chat page is not active. You can use this option instead "Enable new message window blink alert".
Was hoping to use the sound as an indicator (when using multiple monitors its easy to lose track of a tab blinking); no problem, I'll be on the lookout for the tab.
You can change the avatar from the chat style properties.
Thanks, I see it now.

Is this running on any active big boards? What happens when you unleash dozens or even hundreds of concurrent chatters on it? Will the server catch fire or will it handle it fine?

Bug? I had /me command set in the ACP to be displayed as the chat bot but the avatar shown is for the user, not the chat bot. In the screen shot below "Robby" is the chat bot name. At the top you can see the avatar for "Robby" is using the default chat bot avatar and at the bottom is a /me command being displayed by Robby but is shown using the user avatar.

Chat - Me Command User Avatar.webp

It's not possible but you can use the embed mode with Template Modifications System to place the chat anywhere you want.

@Siropu minor bug in responsive mode,

Screenshot2015-09-15at01.06.13.png

Installed on my dev board and working well except I can't get images to display. Same image displays fine in posts. Media displays normally. Where should I start looking for the fix for this?

upload_2015-9-15_16-56-37.webp

I tried out the chat system on your board and saw 5 chat-rooms set up. However, when I would exit one chat-room and arrive into another I would see…
Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 11.12.49 PM.webp
The first notice announces I have joined the current room…but then along comes a notice immediately following it saying I have left the room?…when in fact, I have not. I am still there. :confused:

I'm guessing what is happening is, the joined notice is correct, but the 'left' notice is for a different chat room.(i.e. True, I have joined the Chat - Public Room, and I first had to leave the General Chat Room.) The order of appearance of the notices (i.e. has joined, has left) makes it look like I am no longer in the chat-room…from my perspective. I guess another way of stating it is, how could I possibly see the Chat Bot notice that I have left the chat-room which I am no longer inside?

All that said, is there a way to setup & reveal 'which' chat room is being referred to?(i.e. __ has joined the Chat - Public Room; __ has left the General Chat Room; etc.)

Last edited:
@The Sandman, make sure the image posted exists or has the URL correct. The chat doesn't do anything to images and to the way they are displayed.
@adwade, the join/left notices are only displayed when you change rooms. "has left the room" is posted on the last room you joined and "has joined the room" in the current room. Is not possible to get both messages in the same room.

Thanxx for the answer! Trying it out alone was a bit confusing, so I'll give it a go again sometime (hopefully) when there are others present.

@RastaLulz, do you have the same issue with other actions (edit, quote editor button, media insert)?
@The Sandman, the chat uses the same IMG bbcode used by XF. If you post the same image in a thread, does it work?

Top Bottom