Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Isn't "Response" in Bot Response supporting HTML? (its really useful, but specially with HTML)
How about "Message" in Bot Message?

I have two feature requests/questions:

- Is it possible to disable smileys from chat? (completely)
- Would it be possible to make a feature which would allow chat to be open only on certain hours? Like from 11pm to 7am (if it is open all the time, people just hang in there and forum gets quiet and no pageviews, I would like to have chat open during nights when there is less activity on our forums) [maybe with cron entry?]

Thanks!

Last edited:
when creating a room, we can choose UserGroups. Its so useful.

I hope you also add new option so that we be able to create room just for those who are marked as Staff (some staffs are in Registered usergroup but they are Staff. so we can't select them to have access. But that new option can let us create such a room)

Would it be possible to make a feature which would allow chat to be open only on certain hours? Like from 11pm to 7am (if it is open all the time, people just hang in there and forum gets quiet and no pageviews, I would like to have chat open during nights when there is less activity on our forums)
nice suggestion.
with this in mind that in close hours, people see chat box and its content, but just can't chat (just like when they don't have permission to use chat) + a permission to bypass close hours (so that staffs be able to chat even in close hours)

I was looking for a way to disable smilies also and would love if that became a feature. Maybe something users can toggle on and off from their chat options.

I cannot get the chat working with rekt from audentio, I turned off every single addon I had to see if that was the issue but it wasn't, the strange thing is the chat works flawlessly with the default theme so there is some sort of conflict happening with the theme and the chat, has anyone else experienced this? Or is there some sort of solution as I've paid for both that theme and this chat addon so want both working together.

Try using the embed mode instead. Please see FAQ.

The chat won't move at all, its constantly stuck on the forum sidebar, if I choose above forums, embed, basically the only thing that works is to turn it on or off. Adding it to templates and then through widget framework nothing appears either, all I'm getting is nothing rendered.

The chats on the page, just not allowing anyone to type, which is odd, its as if there is a js conflict or something, but I will try this method thanks.
The problem is most likely the sidebar position on that style because it will display the chat twice due to the offcanvas menu. Try using a different position.
If you have the permission to change display mode from the chat user settings, that will override the admin option.

The problem is most likely the sidebar position on that style because it will display the chat twice due to the offcanvas menu. Try using a different position.
If you have the permission to change display mode from the chat user settings, that will override the admin option.

Oddly I changed the position and someone popped a message in the chat, while for me the position is still on the forum sidebar, for them its above the forums, where I moved it, I tried deleting the xen cache but its still on the sidebar for me.

That's because your chat user settings (front-end) is set to sidebar. This is an individual option that allows each user to use the chat in whatever position desired.

That's because your chat user settings (front-end) is set to sidebar. This is an individual option that allows each user to use the chat in whatever position desired.

Where do I change it? Its fine I sorted it, the chat works above the forums, but not in the sidebar for whatever reason.

Last edited:
the chat works above the forums, but not in the sidebar for whatever reason.
I've seen this issue before. I don't know if it was the same style but due to the way the style was built, the chat was included twice in the template.

Minor issue:
When chat is active on a forum page, then scrolling to the bottom of the chat will scroll the forum page once the end of the chat is reached.

Top Bottom