Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Neither XenForo logged any errors nor the console in Firefox. I had a look into my database, the messages are there, but not displayed in chat. Forgot to check my PHP error logs, this came up:

Code:
[Wed May 18 10:55:15 2016] [error] [client *removed*] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Siropu_Chat_Helper::setRoomCookie() in *removed*/library/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPublic/Chat.php on line 2080, referer: *removed*/forums/
[Wed May 18 10:55:20 2016] [error] [client *removed*] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Siropu_Chat_Helper::setRoomCookie() in *removed*/library/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPublic/Chat.php on line 2080, referer: *removed*/forums/

This had to be this morning after finishing the installation and setting everything up.

What version are you using? There's no such method on that line. Download the latest version, upload all the files making sure they are overwiten and run the upgrade again.

Still the same problem , but no error logs :(

EDIT: Siropu looked into it. That problem was caused by old .js files which had been cached by our CDN.

Last edited:
Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features & Bug Fixes

Display images as links
A new user setting that allows users to display images (posted using IMG BBCode) as links. This is useful for mobile users that experience lag due to lots of images posted in the chat.

Who's Chatting Widget
When using "Chat Page Only" display mode, you can enable this option to display a sidebar widget with all the users active in the chat.

You can choose the sidebar position as well.

Changes
Added option to set maximum upload image file size...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for fast update on that html thing!

But now i'm confused with the option "Keep session alive" VS "Hide users after x minutes of inactivity".

If the option is there to keep the sessions alive, why would it hide the X user, with the chat open, because of X minutes of inactivity?

Wouldn't the hide after X minutes of inactivity count after the session alive checks the user is no longer with the chat open? Seems one conflict on that.

The Ban Option seems to be bugged, i can't ban anyone from the actual ban lists, always says: "The following error occurred: The following users cannot be banned"

@StarArmy, add this in EXTRA.css:
Code:
.siropuChatContentLeft {word-break: initial !important;}

But now i'm confused with the option "Keep session alive" VS "Hide users after x minutes of inactivity".

"Keep session alive" will update the chat session every 5 minutes for users that are on the chat page and are active/have been active within the specified time of "Hide users after x minutes of inactivity".

So for example, a user posts a message and after that the user only watches the discussion. With "Keep session alive" enabled, that user will remain as "active" in the chatters list even if he/she doesn't post.

"Hide users after x minutes of inactivity" alone, hides users that don't post any messages within the specified time.

In order to ban a user from the chat, that users needs to have a chat session first.

@Rigo, is siropu_chat.css template up to date?

Last edited:
@StarArmy, add this in EXTRA.css:
Code:
word-break: initial !important;
}

"Keep session alive" will update the chat session every 5 minutes for users that are on the chat page and are active/have been active within the specified time of "Hide users after x minutes of inactivity".

So for example, a user posts a message and after that the user only watches the discussion. With "Keep session alive" enabled, that user will remain as "active" in the chatters list even if he/she doesn't post.

"Hide users after x minutes of inactivity" alone, hides users that don't post any messages within the specified time.

In order to ban a user from the chat, that users needs to have a chat session first.

@Rigo, is siropu_chat.css template up to date?
Giving you a heads up that you forgot to update the version string from 1.23.0 to 1.24.0

Maybe the files weren't uploaded correctly on my server, but I had to manually update mine.

Top Bottom