Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I would like to have an upload function for images. Now users keep hotlinking images which is a privacy issue.
Please consider to add this.

I'm also wondering if its possible to allow banned users view chat.
There is an option "Allow banned users to view chat".
Alerts are not being showed anymore as well (in the tab).
You need to re-enable it.
Also how does the multi tab room system work? I can't see anything about it.
You have to set the permission "Join multiple rooms" to > 1. Now it works with unlimited as well but I don't recommend this for all user groups.
I would like to have an upload function for images.
I might add this feature at some point but I can't promise you anything.

Now it works with unlimited as well but I don't recommend this for all user groups.
On a case where I'll only have 3 rooms or so max, is it still not recommended to have it unlimited for all user groups? I'm not really concerned about the limit due to this fact, but I'd rather have it on unlimited than a finite number, if possible.

In the current version, the message limit you set is for all rooms together, not per room. The more joined rooms you have, the less messages (or none) the rooms will display.

In the next version I want to make some changes so that when the chat loads, it will display the message limit per room but that it will require more database queries. The chat refresh however, will get new messages for all rooms in 1 query for better performance.

Hello,

I'm trying to embed a moderation room inside ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb using the code in the faq:

Code:
<xen:callback class="Siropu_Chat_Callback" method="getChat" params="{xen:array 'room_id=1'}"></xen:callback>

The chat doesn't show ... my permissions are set to join, edit and delete rooms and I've enabled rooms in the options.

So I cant have a normal chat box in the top and a moderation room in the bottom visible only to admins?

You can't and it won't even work if two chat instances are visible on the page. Why not use a room instead?

How do I make forum activity show in General Chat (or all chats).
It's only showing in its own tab, I don't want to have to remove tab system.

@Siropu in latest version using all pages mode, the chat bar shows messages from days ago as most recent.
Same here.
This seems to happen when using inverse direction. Em I right? This might trigger false sound alert as well.
Nope, I don't have the inverse thingy enabled.
Seems to be an issue when having multiple rooms joined, because when deleting all the chat messages from the other rooms except the main one, it stop happening (not 100% sure)
In the current version, the message limit you set is for all rooms together, not per room. The more joined rooms you have, the less messages (or none) the rooms will display.

In the next version I want to make some changes so that when the chat loads, it will display the message limit per room but that it will require more database queries. The chat refresh however, will get new messages for all rooms in 1 query for better performance.

I was wondering what's going on. :)

Last edited:
We're also seeing several server errors per day:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'Xenforo_Phrase' not found - library/Siropu/Chat/Model.php:256
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 4:10 PM

Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Any news for this error?

Some more things I've noticed ...

1) If the server fails to deliver a response, the chat input is stuck on "Please wait ..." forever.

2) TaigaChat had a feature that let you access /chat/popup to get a special version of the page container that only had chat. Considering a lot of people like to use chat on Mobile, is there any way we can get an equivalent? It's really difficult to use chat on a mobile phone when scrolling down takes you to the document footer.

3) Users still getting tons of duplicate messages at random. I still think the best solution would be to replace messages with the same ID (you ID every single message with #1234567, so this is trivial) upon getting a reply with the same message. There is no downside to this that I can think of.

4) XenForo.activate leaves console messages. It may be a good idea to issue a console.clear() every hour or so. I think this ends up taking up a ton of memory but I'm not sure.

Hello, chatbox got bugs when I upgraded it to latest version 1.22.1. I haven't change anything in Options, just revert custom outdated templates to default.

Messages were duplicated randomly until the page is refreshed. After refresh, duplicate messages display again and it will blink "new messages" everytime on browser tab. I tried /prune all messages and even tried empty chat table messages in database.

If you want to test, please go to my page, see chatbox on the sidebar, wait for couple minutes and scroll down.
Code:
http://fifavn.org/forum

aaa.webp

Last edited:
Love your work!

I will pay you $50 to add a small permission check.

on the Bot responses, can you make a ignore group settings? maybe a text box with groups to add like : 3,4,6

See what happens is, my staff and I trigger a lot of bot responses that I would only like the bot responses to only work on normal users.

@bt012ss, that has been fixed in current version.
@null0, 1. Will add a timeout to prevent that.
2. If you add /fullpage to the chat page URL, you will get just that. It needs some css adjustments to work with multi rooms. :)
3. The messages returned from the server are not duplicate. The issue happens in the browser and I'm not sure how since I can't reproduce it. I can add an optional JS function to prevent this from happening.
4. That shouldn't be an issue, in my opinion.

@Cyentruk, there is an issue with the inverse direction. It will be fixed in the next release.
@KozmoK, you want only certain groups to trigger responses?

3. The messages returned from the server are not duplicate. The issue happens in the browser and I'm not sure how since I can't reproduce it. I can add an optional JS function to prevent this from happening.
You're not compensating for downtime. My forum is being hosted on inadequate hardware at the moment because of hosting issues, so we have hiccups. My refresh time is a single second and there's on average 10~20 people in chat. The server goes down and returns Cloudflare 522 errors for ~30 seconds, and during that time everyone sends 30 /refresh requests. They all come back at once and missing messages 30 times.

I PM'd you code (since most of it is yours and proprietary), but by simply adding replacement checks it resolves 100% of the problems.

This isn't something to really overlook, though. High latency issues can exist for many reasons on both server and client ends.

Top Bottom