Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Then that's a common issue that should have been there for a while. If I remember correctly, I had reported that issue months ago. I couldn't remember what was the solution that Siropu decided though. But anyway, the chat actually scrolled to the very bottom, but that was before the images were rendered. After the script scrolled the chat to the very bottom, the images rendered itself, thus taking more space. Well, that's the main reason when it happens on my site anyway. I can only assume that's the same cause on your site.
Indeed. Same issue.

Also, @Siropu I'm trying to put the Chat Rules in the Notice section since a lot of my members are not familiar with the features. After posting it, the Notices will pile up 3 times. How do I avoid that? I want it to be there permanently, but no other copies.

@StarArmy, the error comes from the other Add-on, I don't know what could be the problem and why would it be incompatible with the chat.
@BobbyWibowo, you can also type /leave or /quit :)
@Blast, are you using <p> by any chance? This might be the issue. Try using <br> to separate paragraphs.

As for the autoscroll, when you scroll up/down the autoscroll will disable itself so that you can read the messages without being scrolled by the chat. When there are images that loads slower than 1.5 seconds, they might trigger the autoscroll toggle, disabling it.

There is a JS variable inside siropu_chat_js template called "chatToggleAutoscroll" and if you set it to true, it will allow you to toggle autoscroll manually from the chat editor as it will add a new button.

Can you please make the room tabs visible for everyone without joining any rooms? This would be much more intuitive and a major enhancement.

We installed latest update (1.22.1). Testing it with a couple accounts and browsers. Cleared caches, etc.

"Disable Auto Hide" User Option does not work. We allowed the option in Admin panel (Options/Chat), and the user has checked "Disable Auto Hide", but chat still hides itself on every page change.

I disagree.
Any more information than that?

As soon as a user enters the chat, he has joined the main room. So there should be a tab visible right away. And if there is a + tab then users can add rooms that they like. This way its obvious to people that they can do this. Most of my member do not know this function is present and have difficulty finding out how to join rooms. Because in its current implementation its hidden. The + tab solves this. This is right in front of their nose and they can simply click it to add rooms.

If there are people who do not want this, then I hope that @Siropu will consider a setting.

Can you please make the room tabs visible for everyone without joining any rooms? This would be much more intuitive and a major enhancement.

As soon as a user enters the chat, he has joined the main room. So there should be a tab visible right away. And if there is a + tab then users can add rooms that they like. This way its obvious to people that they can do this. Most of my member do not know this function is present and have difficulty finding out how to join rooms. Because in its current implementation its hidden. The + tab solves this. This is right in front of their nose and they can simply click it to add rooms.

If there are people who do not want this, then I hope that @Siropu will consider a setting.

I also want this, but only for public rooms.

For the room feature. Can you just let us click the room name instead of clicking the Join Room in the right side(it's not very visible there), you can add a CSS like this or something to make it easier for the members to know that you just have to click on it ot join.

nice suggestion! :)
I am still getting sounds of new messages while there are non when using multi rooms (i am using 3 rooms)

My top wishlist now is to have 100 last messages(or whatever is set) showed per room. Currently it shows last set messages in global- for every room in total. Thus making rooms that are not used as much as the main chat room completely empty at times. Quite annoying.
Apparantly this is not something that can easily be implemented though :/ I hope there will be a way some day ^^

@Siropu

I don't have the online status anymore, you know the green ball beside the usernames... Is this normal or must I check any box?
I get a lot of PHP errors and the chat doesn't look very well since I upgraded to 1.22 and 1.22.1 and I found the issue, it comes from another add-on I bought which is "emoticons" from Nobita so what shall we do to solve this please?

There is a "+" tab. I thought you meant automatically generating specific tabs for each room, which I disagree with because there are rooms that users don't need to automatically be joined to or see as tabs. I'd support the idea of admin-defined "pinned" rooms which are auto-joined when using chat, though!

The /room search command listed in help does not work.
It's working fine for me. How are you using it? When you view the rooms list and type /room name it will display only the rooms that matches the name.

@Gossipy, that option actually prevents the chat from closing when it's opened and you click outside of it. If you want the chat to be visible all the time add this in EXTRA.css #siropuChat.siropuChatAllPages {display: block;}
@Betclever, the indicator is showed by default. I suggest that @Nobita.Kun should stop providing support for chat as I tend to make changes often and for him having to make adjustments every time is not a good idea. That's why I don't add support for other Add-ons.

in latest version using all pages mode, the chat bar shows messages from days ago as most recent.
This seems to happen when using inverse direction. Em I right? This might trigger false sound alert as well.

It's working fine for me. How are you using it? When you view the rooms list and type /room name it will display only the rooms that matches the name.

@Gossipy, that option actually prevents the chat from closing when it's opened and you click outside of it. If you want the chat to be visible all the time add this in EXTRA.css #siropuChat.siropuChatAllPages {display: block;}
@Betclever, the indicator is showed by default. I suggest that @Nobita.Kun should stop providing support for chat as I tend to make changes often and for him having to make adjustments every time is not a good idea. That's why I don't add support for other Add-ons.

This seems to happen when using inverse direction. Em I right? This might trigger false sound alert as well.
I think the best way I will send an version to you. Then you can easy support my add-on :) I have not really change main API's

Something is VERY wrong with the chat.
It refreshes very often for some users and they see duplicate messages when its supposed to be 1.
q7cRv8N.png

Top Bottom