Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
@Siropu the sound repeats but when when i disable sound then i start seeing the repeated messages. Is there anything i can disable in the options to stop this?

@Siropu have you ever seen the confetti effects in WeChat? When a user types a specific message then it gives a visual effect. For example typing 'happy birthday' makes confetti fall down and typing 'happy new year' gives fireworks sparks.
This gives a very nice effect to chat. I dont know if you can add it. I have seen some js scripts for such effects.
But it would be cool to have.

Another function that I would like to see is:
  • Shadowban User. (Mute)

Last edited:
Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Multi Rooms
When first loading, the chat will display the message limit per room. So if you joined 3 rooms, each room will display the last 25 (default value) messages.

Forum Activity
Option to enable avatars in forum activity list.

Bot Responses
Option to set responses based on the user group.

Desktop Notifications
Option to select which message type (normal, whisper, tag, bot) can be displayed in desktop notifications. By default, will be displayed only...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Siropu,

Thanks for implementing it! I will send the offered $50 asap. One thing though, I think the groups need to be excluded groups for it to work properly.
So if all my users are "Registered Users" who use the chat - and they trigger bot response for "help".. That means Adminsitrators and Staff/Tech Support will also trigger this as "Registered Users" is a secondary group to Staff and Administrators.

So I guess I need it to be a excluded list, unless you can think of a way to make chat bot responses work for Registered users, and not for Adminsitrator or staff.

@KozmoK, since I don't charge for core features, I have issued a refund. The behavior of the current feature won't be changed, I'm sorry. If you don't want responses to be triggered by staff, please send me a PM and I will show you how to do it.
@Alfa1, there isn't.
in some time ask to much options, this add on will cost over 100$
Soon it will be $29.99 and it will remain that way for a while.

@KozmoK, since I don't charge for core features, I have issued a refund. The behavior of the current feature won't be changed, I'm sorry. If you don't want responses to be triggered by staff, please send me a PM and I will show you how to do it.
@Alfa1, there isn't.

Soon it will be $29.99 and it will remain that way for a while.
yes and continue to 99.99$

@Solidus, chat no longer will be supported by nobita's add-on. The issues are because of the changed methods in the chat. I'm sorry.
@ŽivaAkcija, LOL I don't think so. I want it to be affordable. :)

@Siropu have you ever seen the confetti effects in WeChat? When a user types a specific message then it gives a visual effect. For example typing 'happy birthday' makes confetti fall down and typing 'happy new year' gives fireworks sparks.
This gives a very nice effect to chat. I dont know if you can add it. I have seen some js scripts for such effects.
But it would be cool to have.

Another function that I would like to see is:
  • Shadowban User. (Mute)
A mute function that doesn't inform the user they've been muting is actually a good idea; we get a lot of trolls and making it not obvious that they're banned delays them trying again. It will frustrate them and they'll think they've been ignored. I like this idea.

Is there a function to invite forum members to chat or to a room?
The ability to create private invite-only rooms, with a /invite command would be cool.

Great Updates! Fix every bugs has seen! I like the way rooms active with tabs.

@Siropu: Could you show me how to click on date-time messages's tag to show actions instead hover mouse? The visuals of hovering mouse on messages to show actions is not a good user's experience for our members, especially embed chat in sidebar with a narrow width.

Last edited:
Whenever you /prune your shoutbox then refresh the page right after, this happens:

MV0q17TJEM.gif

If multiple tabs are open, this happens:

JUcGenJq8X.gif

It duplicates the bot message from pruning the shoutbox.

Last edited:
@Cyentruk, now if you use the chat in the sidebar, the actions are not displayed on hover, they are displayed when you click on the date.
@TDUBS, you need to use /prune forum to delete forum activity. Disable the option " Display in new tab" if you want the prune command to delete forum activity as well.

Top Bottom