Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I've been told by some of my users that when a picture is inserted into the chat, it causes the browser's auto-scroll of displaying new messages to stop working. And then after a user pulls the scroll bar back down to the bottom manually, the auto-scroll starts working again.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know how it will perform with many concurrent chatters.

It worked perfectly until we got slammed by "Jonas." Now there are lots of people in and out of chat, which is causing a huge load on our server and giving people random errors. I thought maybe switching it to its own db would help but can't find where to do that? It's the refresh rates. When in cpanel, I see the majority of errors coming from chat/refresh. I can't keep up with it, tried changing the refresh times around but no good. The forum cannot be unavailable at this time! This is a paid mod, please make it work correctly, or at least talk me through a work-around.

I'm getting this error from time to time with latest version:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'Xenforo_Phrase' not found - library/Siropu/Chat/DataWriter/Extend/Post.php:31
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:35 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "http://www.website.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

@Baron, will look into it.
@McKel, try using the options "Refresh chatters list every x seconds" and "Update session every x seconds". Set them to 30 seconds or so. Version 1.22.0 will be more optimized and will have some new options to improve performance.
@otaku, it's a class typo and will be corrected. It's weird because I haven't got any errors so far.

We've had a request to make the results of chat archive queries reflect a user's ignore list. Just passing this along. (y)

The next version will have the user option to display ignored messages in the archive. By default they will be hidden.

Not in the next version. I will start playing with node.js once the chat is stable in version 1.22.x as this version will have some major changes.
Where are you doing the censoring because I can't seem to find it! Are you not using the filterString method?

I'm just curious :D

Hello,

When we hover over messages in chat, it will active "siropuChatMessageActions" using OverlayTrigger. It seems no problem in full chat, but in some sections with narrow width like sidebar chat, it does. Messages has single line in full chat must have multi lines in sidebar chat created some anoying visuals when hover on them and easy create mistaken controls. So I wish there is an option to change the default method, may be just click on "siropuchatMeta" to active Actions instead using OverlayTrigger?

If set, those permissions allows you to see/read other user's whispers. If you don't want that to happen, don't allow those permissions.

Back
Top Bottom