Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
How can I change the red here?

c21565.png

.chat .itemCount {
background-color: yourcolor;
}

Is it better if I add the option to select how to display the user count in the chat tab? Alert box or how it was before [3]?

Post a welcome message in the chat after they register?
Yes, it can be useful for the forum activity, because often when a new person comes on a forum, she uses the chat directly. I've already seen this option on the shoutbox for IPS Community Suite forum software.

It could be a pretty useful feature on your chat and also other members can see who is new to the forum and welcome him quickly.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm using a custom session for this. I can add the option to set for how long after the last chat activity the user will stay in the chat list with the gray idle indicator.
Actually I think it would be better to use XF default system for activity. If I refresh site I should be seen as online. If I don't want to be in chat, I have an option to logout from chat, otherwise that logout function is pointless for me.

Also, I can see myself as offline in chat, but the number still indicates there is 1 chatter:

upload_2015-6-9_14-53-7.webp

Anyway, I would like to see an option to disable this number as it is not very needed at least for me. I already see chatters in users chat area.

Okay, bug reports on 1.7.1...
  • ".siropuChatDate" background color is still hard coded. Should be "@primaryLighter".
  • If the "Maximized" option is previously checked, and you browse to a new page. When you click on the chat, it wont be displayed on top of the page. Instead it will shift to the bottom of the page, and stretch outwards. This is clearly not as designed.
Wishful changes...
  • "#siropuChatContent" height does not to be 250px on the dedicated chat page... 500px would be better. Honestly, I think the "Maximized" option is so buggy right now, it should probably just be removed and content height changed to 500px everywhere.
  • All z-indexes changed to 1000, for more compatibility with the "All Pages" option and other addons.
  • The ability to disable media/image embedding in the chatroom... possibly an opt-in user option.
  • Browser tab notices on new messages.
  • Add the following to css:
    Code:
    #siropuChatLastMessage .muted {
        font-size: 11px;
        padding: 0 10px;
    }
  • Chat bar is WAAAAY too big. Doesn't need to fill the entire screen. Would recommend instead, removing the "left: 15px" and replacing it with "max-width: 90%".
  • Get rid of all "text-align: justify"... that **** is ugly as sin.
  • Add user avatars before messages... like how I posted in my screenshot above.

Also... curious as to why all icons are saved in the /data folder, instead of the /styles folder.

Where would I manually change the colors of the bottom chat bar for the time being? No one can read it without highlighting it, its white on white.

If the "Maximized" option is previously checked, and you browse to a new page. When you click on the chat, it wont be displayed on top of the page. Instead it will shift to the bottom of the page, and stretch outwards. This is clearly not as designed.

Confirmed.

also can we get a /me back, its the only thing users miss from Taigachat.

Actually I think it would be better to use XF default system for activity. If I refresh site I should be seen as online.
The indicators meanings are "Green = Active", "Gray = Idle" and represents the chat activity, not the forum online status.
The ability to keep chat maximized doesn't seem to be working.
I've made some changes and forgot to add a space between the maximized class and the current class.
also can we get a /me back
I'm not familiar with /me

Where would I manually change the colors of the bottom chat bar for the time being? No one can read it without highlighting it, its white on white.
Color for the last message time?
Try this in EXTRA.css
#siropuChatBar .muted {color: #ccc;}
Also... curious as to why all icons are saved in the /data folder, instead of the /styles folder.
It was first in the directory tree structure. :)
The chat seems to bug out big time in mobile if you derp with it too much all the messages vanish
If there are too many messages?

Can I make a few more recommendations?

Firstly... The options for: Notices, Ads Above Messages, Ads Below Messages and Ads Below Editor should be removed. These options are pointless as everything they do could be done better with XenForo's built-in Template Modification system. Especially since XenForo's TMS respects skin differences, while admin cp options do not... or, you could make template calls for those positions. Either way, it should be done through the skin system.

Secondly... the Font-Awesome options should be style properties, not admin cp options. Font-Awesome may be good for specific skins, but not others.

Last edited:
Hello,

Do you have a demo website where we can test/view your tchat system before buying this one?

Thanks.

PS:

Another suggestion:

Add avatar beside the username.

Top Bottom