Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hi, Siropu,

I'd to make two suggestions to add nice features to your chat. I would like, if possible, an option (can be enabled or disabled) to put an automatic message by the chat bot saying when an user has been banned from the chat and when he was unbanned ; it could be useful to let users know if a pesky user has been banned or unbanned from the chat.

Example:

"Chat Bot: Admin has banned Name from the chat".

"Chat Bot: Admin has unbanned Name from the chat".

And the second suggestion would be to add an option to leave a message (chat bot) on the chat when a new member comes to its site. It would allow other members to see who comes to register and to welcome the new members easily. Basically add a welcome message to the chat.

Last edited:
I want this feature for my "premium members" only. Is it possible to set the permissions for this to enable me to do that? Or will this add-on always put the tab at the top to access it by any user?

There is usergroup permissions for who can view and use the chat system so just make it so staff and your premium members usergroup can use it only.

This sounds just what my users have been wanting. We've used CometChat, ArrowChat, Taigachat even integrated IRC and so far none of them have quite fit what our community have been wanting.

I'll be doing some trialing today, here's hoping for the best!

hi

i don't have sound when im online with my handy iPhone and samsung . is this normal or a bug ? in the mobile styl i have the problem the chat is really big and i can`t toggle it .

kind regards

lemmi

Would like to see an option to disable chat on mobile or at least to have an option to minimize it on mobile (forum list position).

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features & Bug fix

Version 1.7.0 comes with the following new features:

Font Awesome Support
Allows you to use Font Awesome icons instead of image icons. You can choose your own icons and you can even include Font Awesome if you don't have it installed.

Display moderator ban actions
If enabled, moderator ban/unban actions will be displayed in the chat by the chat bot.

Chat view permission has been added
Now you can allow guests or other groups to only view the chat without having the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Thanks, Siropu to have added my first suggestion. Can you add a welcome message option when a member comes to register?

Okay, I have this chat running on my site here:

http://8wayrun.com/chat/

Couple thoughs... Firstly, my users love it way more than Taigachat. Half the time, people just used Hitbox.tv chat instead.

I will say, I dont like how the CSS system is hard coded. The colors don't really follow the rest of the site; so I had to edit a lot of CSS because of all the hard coded background colors.

I would also prefer if the counter of the number of users in the chat on the navbar (such as Chat [8]) used the built in XenForo Alert Bubble system, instead of being straight text.

Also, every 5 seconds (the refresh time), the entire chat lags for the refresh. While most wont notice this, if there is an animated gif, or a youtube video in the chat... they lag too.

Also, using the XenForo Alert Bubble system is very easy. All you need to do is add a "counter" index to the navigation tab listener and it does it automatically.

I don't like to get offline in chat when not writting something for a certain time. That can confuse users. They might think I'm really offline.

I don't like to get offline in chat when not writting something for a certain time. That can confuse users. They might think I'm really offline.
I agree. It would be cool to have a different color (e.g. orange) to indicate that the user is online, but inactive for some time.

And after more time, removed from chat list.
Yes. I think Siropu uses the default XenForo system for the activity. If you look good, even if a user is inactive for 30 minutes (if you have set 30 minutes before a user appears offline), the green indicator (in threads and conversations) is displayed until it over 30 minutes.

Top Bottom