Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I'm sorry but I can't afford a new XF license (24% VAT) + new host + domain at the moment.

Its working fine so far on my site, with a few more features added to it like the ones i posted a few posts back it will be a real good addon.

Its working fine so far on my site, with a few more features added to it like the ones i posted a few posts back it will be a real good addon.
How many users are you testing it on? Does this chat offer a "speed" mode type of thing like taigachat does? or is that the default thing in this plugin.

@Dylan V, I could add a "instant mode" option to refresh the chat every second when is opened and you post on it. Is that good enough?

Are you talking about person-to-person (individual) chat or is it about the refresh mode? It'd be awesome if this has

What I want is exactly the opportunity to individually discuss with an user from the chat. For example, next to the drop-down menu of an user connected to the chat, have, for example: "Discuss in private" with him. So yeah, it's that, @3rd AnGle.

This is a feature that many of my members would like to see and more importantly, I never saw that on XenForo.

The IPS Community Suite chat allows it.

Last edited:
How many users are you testing it on? Does this chat offer a "speed" mode type of thing like taigachat does? or is that the default thing in this plugin.
Only a few, but to be true for things like this its always best to test on your own server due to diff number of users, how fast/much they chat and server configs. It does not have a speed mode like taigachat, but that's not to say one could not be added if requested, keep in mind taigachat started off basic also :)

Not sure if it's related to my attempt at banning my unregistered test chat user, but when posting as guest it now outputs following error overlay:
"The existing data required by the data writer could not be found." Actual message gets posted tho.

Related to guest users, would it be possible to add different user group permissions for viewing chat and posting messages to it? On taigachat I have got unregistered users as view/read-only mode and that's how I would like to keep it.

Here's a sneak peek of one of the new features.
Your message will have every time the same color you have chosen without having to use the bbcode. :)

Attachments

• coloredMessage.webp
    coloredMessage.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 46
  • coloredMessagePosted.webp
    coloredMessagePosted.webp
    10 KB · Views: 41
Here's a sneak peek of one of the new features.
Your message will have every time the same color you have chosen without having to use the bbcode. :)
Are the colors admin set or will the user be able to enter their own colors? Personally a color wheel might be a better way for a user to pick a color.

@Dylan V, private chat? I don't know at the moment. First I have to implement the features that I have in mind and after that I will play with private chatting feature. :)

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features

Version 1.6.0 comes with the following new features:

Colored Messages
Allows users to choose their preferred color when posting in the chat and once the color is set, the message will have that color every time, without having to use BBCodes.

This option can be enabled/disabled from admin options.

Display new forum Threads & Posts
  1. Choose to display new threads
  2. Choose to display new thread posts
  3. Choose to display post content excerpt (with limit)
  4. Choose...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Dylan V, private chat? I don't know at the moment. First I have to implement the features that I have in mind and after that I will play with private chatting feature. :)
Great! Sometimes it is better to have the opportunity to talk directly and instantly with someone from the chat instead of going in a private conversation (default XenForo system). Developers of IPS Community Suite did not put this feature to nothing, but rather because it can be very helpful.
private chat? why u not use conversation for that?
Like I said above, sometimes when you use the chat in public, you want to chat instantly with a person instead of wasting time go in private conversation. By adding this feature it could bring something quite unique to this chat, because the author of TaigaChat refuses to add it.

Top Bottom