Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Glad you like it. Extending XF's alert system is a pain in the but so I don't know. :)
In my opinion, a "Like" system for chat is too much. I have some features in mind that can make chat more fun and I will start implementing them next week.

Great chat! Like the tagging feature.

I just customize it for customizexf.com (position above forum list):

upload_2015-6-7_1-14-21.webp

Suggestions:
  • to save space I suggest buttons on right (like in TaigaChat):
upload_2015-6-7_1-16-24.webp

• would be nice to see a color palette when choosing text color
  • sprites for buttons

I know that probably not many people have as many smilies like on my site (esp. messy & uncategorized) , but if you do happen to have lots and lots of them, then on mobile smilie overlay might overlap everything. Like this:
Screenshot_2015-06-07-07-01-36.webp
And you can't even see rest of the smiley categories or any of the messages. With 10 rows it still okayish as can be seen below
Screenshot_2015-06-07-07-02-41.webp

Maybe possible to add some sort of height limit for it and let user scroll to see rest? Probably not the highest priority issue, but if you have got time to look at it at some point, please do.

Thanks for the quick updates

Great, @Carla Birch! Like the FA buttons and color. Care to share the code to spare some time? ;)

Also the Settings word is great. Already added to mine.

Last edited:
Great, @Carla Birch! Like the FA buttons and color. Care to share the code to spare some time? ;)

Also the Settings word is great. Already added to mine.
In siropu_chat template look for <span style="font-weight: bold;">B</span> for eg and replace with <i class="fa fa-bold"></i> all the other button are below so just do the same but replacing with the fa class you want to use.

I know that probably not many people have as many smilies like on my site (esp. messy & uncategorized) , but if you do happen to have lots and lots of them, then on mobile smilie overlay might overlap everything. Like this:
View attachment 107935
And you can't even see rest of the smiley categories or any of the messages. With 10 rows it still okayish as can be seen below
View attachment 107934

Maybe possible to add some sort of height limit for it and let user scroll to see rest? Probably not the highest priority issue, but if you have got time to look at it at some point, please do.

Thanks for the quick updates
in siropu_chat.css find #siropuChatSmilies li and add to it:
max-height: 180px;
overflow: auto;

note the max-height you can edit to your needs but if any of you smilies imgs are bigger than the max height they will get scroll bars around them also, not sure how to stop that.

In siropu_chat template look for <span style="font-weight: bold;">B</span> for eg and replace with <i class="fa fa-bold"></i> all the other button are below so just do the same but replacing with the fa class you want to use.
Thanks, I know, I just thought you add it to extra.css. I don't like direct template modifications.

So far I'm here:
upload_2015-6-7_9-56-54.webp

Changed the popup arrow with FA icon for settings with this in extra.css:
Code:
#siropuChatHeader .PopupControl:before {
  content: "\f0c9";
  font-weight: normal;
  font-family: FontAwesome;
  color: #fff;
}

#siropuChatHeader .Popup .arrowWidget {
  display: none !important;
}

Thanks, I know, I just thought you add it to extra.css. I don't like direct template modifications.
Don't think extra would work for the buttons, because they have no class added to them, they only have inline span tags wrapping text.

Thats for the header arrow, the editor buttons themselves don't have a class for each button, they all got same class with just span wrapping the button text, so you can not remove the text and span and need to replace within a direct edit unless i'm behind on what can be done with css :)
Yes, I've update my state with next post :)

Haven't looked before. Yes, classes for buttons would be great, right @Siropu? :)

Tell you what else would be nice, if we could edit the chat Notices direct from the front end, via two clicking on it and editing the text from a pop up editor if you got the permissions for editing notices.

Top Bottom