Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hmm my users seem to be reporting a fair number of messages sent doubling or even tripling themselves. Sometimes only they can see the double messages, sometimes others can as well. Our chat is very fast pace at peak hours, so it's pretty noticeable, it still happens even when it's just me testing though.

They've also noticed that sometimes when refreshing the page or going away from chat and coming back, chat will roll back a few minutes. Refreshing generally seems to update the messages. I've set the refresh rate on 1,2,3,4 and 5 seconds, users still experience both issues (rollback and double messages).

Right now I have one suggestion, if possible it would be nice to have the ability to temp ban a user for x amount of days.

@Tai Coromandel, I can't reproduce the double posting even at 1 second refresh rate. I've tested it on Chrome and Firefox posting fast messages one after the other and didn't get a double post once.

As for the rollback, I don't understand what you mean by that.

@Tai Coromandel, I can't reproduce the double posting even at 1 second refresh rate. I've tested it on Chrome and Firefox posting fast messages one after the other and didn't get a double post once.

As for the rollback, I don't understand what you mean by that.

Odd with the double posting, it seems to only affect some users.

For the rollback, I mean that a chunk of messages disappear when going out of the chat, and then going back in it. This happens on occasion.

I'll do more testing.

I think the double posting may occur is these situations:

1. Slow server response on posting and the message get posted with delay and the refresh occurs at the same time (the message may appear twice but it get posted once).
2. Slow server response on posting and the message get posted with delay but you hit submit button to post it again, resulting in double, triple, quadruple posting... I will disable the button after you post so this won't happen.

On mobile in above forum list position it shows blank space for users and the width is only 75%:

upload_2015-6-10_15-30-16.webp

upload_2015-6-10_15-30-53.webp

On chat page it's ok:

upload_2015-6-10_15-31-27.webp

Will look into any bugs for 1.8.0, I hope I don't miss anything. I'm currently working on adding new cool features like chat rooms, /me command (done), window new message blink (done) and more!
Oh wow, I am very excited to see what you do! I am on the verge of buying this :)

Will look into any bugs for 1.8.0, I hope I don't miss anything. I'm currently working on adding new cool features like chat rooms, /me command (done), window new message blink (done) and more!
Really would like to see the private chat with other chat users and welcome message for new members.

Once you release this I will certainly buy the add-on. Though a notification on new threads posted, the ability to PM someone and avatar infront of name would be greatly welcomed as well!

Top Bottom