Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I don't seem to be getting "user has joined chat" messages, or any of the messages any more. Since 1.16.0

When I click "Help" I see The requested page could not be found.

Also, tried the display chat in sidebar under visitors - It didnt display anything at all. I had
to enable the chat page in the addon options and hit the main chat page to get it back. (a normal user wont know how to do that)

Also, I dont know how to use the /me & clear command or /prune it doesnt seem to be working (yes I have added it to my usergroup permissions

upload_2015-7-29_21-48-56.webp

Last edited:
@Shiro, it's weird because it's working for me. Does anyone has this problem?
@markku, the thing is I wanted to do that from the beginning but I then I thought, if some commands are set for some groups only, like "vip/premium" and a regular user enters that group, he might not know about the other commands unless visiting the help page again. Also, if some commands like /whisper, /me, /quit are set for some special groups that requires upgrading via payment, that user might want to upgrade to use those commands. Personally I don't see a problem with showing all the commands. /prune and /kick could be displayed only for those who have permissions but not the rest of the commands. If more of you guys request to display commands only for those with permissions, then I will do that. :)
@Solidus, the only way that could happen is that if "Displayed notifications" in admin options are not checked.
@KozmoK, make sure you have re-uploaded all the chat files and have cleared the browser cache.

@Shiro, it seems that if you kick users via the "Kick" option in user options menu (works for those who have permissions to use the /kick command globally), it will announce the action in the general chat instead of the current room. It works fine with /kick command.

@Siropu, hey can you use jQuery to make an <audio> element instead of using new Audio() for the alert sounds? On Safari for Windows, it couldn't parse the new Audio() line and stopped loading the rest of the script and broke it (for some reason, it also made my local installation which uses UI.X-based style to have various styling failures). I wouldn't know about Safari on iOS devices, since I don't own any, but I heard from some sites that it sorta won't play the audio with that method. Also, it's kinda advised to use jQuery to trigger play event instead of using JS built-in play() function (perhaps because it has fallback for browsers that can't use the normal method).
Either way, I tried editing it by myself and got the sound to play correctly on Safari for Windows.

@Solidus, I've tested it with all display modes, and it's working fine for me.
@BobbyWibowo, according to Mozilla this method should be supported in all major browsers. I have tested it with Chrome, Firefox and IE with no problems. When I can I will do some tests on Opera & Safari. If it won't work on these, I will see if I can find a better way.

@Siropu yes, and that method is preferred nowadays as well. jsPerf benchmark also shows that it's much faster than any other method that involves element creation. By the way, modern Opera is pretty much the same as Chrome anyway, so it should work just fine, lol. But you should try Safari indeed. I'm kind of concerned about how it is on Safari for iOS devices.

Completely wrong time on kick notification,

D81ykpb.png

@Solidus, I don't understand how you have this weird problems. Do you see any errors in admin server error log?
@derpyhooves, permission has been changed to a limit based one and you need to set it again. Did I forgot to mention this? :unsure:
The limit based permission is great, thank you.

I also request the following features, as I've noticed the list of rooms get cluttered up when lots of users add rooms:
  • A 'room expiry' setting, that allows a room to self-delete after it has been inactive (no users have been in it) for a certain number of hours.
    • A permission for 'create persistent room', allowing staff and VIPs to create permanent rooms.
  • If the "chat tab only" is selected, an option to direct users to pick a room before beginning to chat, instead of dumping them directly into the lobby. This makes it more obvious to users that we've got rooms.
Thanks again! Your addon rocks!!

Last edited:
Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

Version 1.17.1 fixes the following bugs:
  1. When kicking users using the "Kick" option from user action menu list, the kick notification is displayed in the general chat room instead of the current room.
  2. Using /kick command on the same user multiple times in the same room, kicks the user that many times.
  3. In the help page, the kick permission wasn't displayed.
I've added a new option to the "Displayed notifications" admin option list for kick notifications.

In the help...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Siropu

Thanks for the bug fixes. It's awesome that you are so active in development and you take feature suggestions seriously. Hopefully you'll consider the ones I listed above. This is the best chat addon to date.

@Solidus, try it and see how it goes. Re-upload all the chat files also.
@Shiro, you are welcome. As for the suggestions, how many rooms do you have at the moment?

Top Bottom