Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I love the feature that allows new posts/threads to appear in a separate tab. But on my chat it doesn't work, even though I have the option enabled. Any ideas?

If option "Display new threads" is enabled, it should work. I don't see any issues with it.
When I set "Display new threads" in the settings, this is what happens. It simply posts it in the same chat as the Default, not in a separate tab.

Attachments

• main chat.webp
    main chat.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 11
Sorry for troubling you once more -- when either I or my members try to upload an image to the c hat we get the following error.

1522629943704.webp

Permissions are set properly for sure so I'm unsure what the issue may be.

Installed this recently, really like it so far. Is there a way to make it so when folks click the chat link it opens in a new window rather than existing? We have a lot of folks opening chat then browsing around in existing window without realizing they'd get bumped out of chat.

Also, how can I add a couple links under the CHAT menu tab? I'd like to add a "Pop out chat" link for direct access.

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited:
You mean when they click the navigation chat tab?

Go to siropu_chat_js template and add the following code:
JavaScript:
$(function() {
        $('.navTab.chat .navLink').click(function(e) {
            e.preventDefault();
            chatOpenPopup();
        });
    });

Before:
HTML:
</script>

Also, how can I add a couple links under the CHAT menu tab? I'd like to add a "Pop out chat" link for direct access.
In siropu_chat_tab_links template, you can add the following:
HTML:
<li><xen:include template="siropu_chat_popup_link" /></li>
Before:
Code:
</ul>

This will add an "Open in popup" link.

You mean when they click the navigation chat tab?

Go to siropu_chat_js template and add the following code:
JavaScript:
$(function() {
        $('.navTab.chat .navLink').click(function(e) {
            e.preventDefault();
            chatOpenPopup();
        });
    });

Before:
HTML:
</script>

In siropu_chat_tab_links template, you can add the following:
HTML:
<li><xen:include template="siropu_chat_popup_link" /></li>
Before:
Code:
</ul>

This will add an "Open in popup" link.

That will work! What's the syntax for opening in a full chat window (full page version with no forum header and footer.), too?

Thanks,
Ray

What's the syntax for opening in a full chat window (full page version with no forum header and footer.), too?
Both do the same thing. The first one will open when you click on the chat main tab link. The other will add a link in the dropdown menu that will open the chat the same way when clicked.

Is it possible for a user to skip the first page 'You haven't joined any rooms.' and go straight to the 'Browse rooms' page?
And if so how do I set that ?

Thanks

Implemented with AJAX won't work as expected. If I can integrate node.js with Chat 2, then it will be possible.

Top Bottom