Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Siropu chat All Pages Display Mode does not overlap The Showcase Widget render 'Tile View'.
Try changing z-index in Chat style properties > Container (All Pages Mode), in "Miscellaneous". z-index: 999; or a different value accordingly.

@Siropu did u check my other post here?

because i am still having a problem with this

adZTESm.jpg

the bot just wont run. i modify the Post at hours it runs probably 3 times then it stop for ever.

Minutes i wanted at 0 but then it never runs at all.

day of the week i had to any before but it never ran.

run at minutes & at every hour it works but i don't want it running every hour.

this thing seems broken. and i have tried it with various test bots... and the cron its set to Any for all fields in the tools section for bot messages.

i want it to run every 3 hours but it just doesn't.

Day of the Week: Any

Post at Hours: 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21

Post at minutes: 0

this config should work but it never does...

the only 2 things i'm having with this Plugin so far is that BBcode stuff we talked earlier & this bot message thing .

[Feature Request ] 4 BBcodes it would of been nice if you could allow for third party BBcodes to be blocked not just the standard ones in Chat Config Options page. so if i place a Custom BBcode that has been blocked it should not be phrased by the chat.

Last edited:
Bot messages are relying on XF's cron jobs and they run when someone is browsing the site at the specified time. It works ok in my personal tests but it seems to be problematic for others. I'll see what I can do about that.

I just purchased the Chatroom in the last hour and its lovely.

Is there a method of linking directly to a room? I don't want to embed it for various reasons.

like domain / chat / room_id=1 ? I just can't figure it out.

Many thanks,
Pierce

Try changing z-index in Chat style properties > Container (All Pages Mode), in "Miscellaneous". z-index: 999; or a different value accordingly.
This works except for .siropuChatBar. I needed to change the z-index to 999 for the chat bar as well. Now its fixed. Please include this fix in the next release.

My members report various issues with the chat all pages mode on mobile phones. I can report these issues but doubt it is fixable as IMHO the concept of large overlapping layers with a lot of buttons does not suit small screens.

Could you please add a setting to disable the all pages mode for mobile phones?

You can't link to rooms. The only way is to use embed mode.
It would be very useful to link directly to a room. For example we use the main room for banter, while we also have a room for support.
Please consider if this can be added to a future version.

I've had some of my users reporting that when they click links in chat, it loads the link in their current window and they have to then navigate back into chat, rather than opening the links in a new window. We have the option enabled to open links in a new window. I took a look and sure enough links aren't opening in a new window. Wasn't sure if this was a bug, or if I just set something up wrong?

Internal links are opening in the same window by default, the same as links in threads. The option to open links in a new window is javascript based and applies only to links posted in forum activity.

Hey @Siropu
Trying to stick in a basic chat window inside a navigation popup, do you have any suggestions on how to achieve this by chance? I can get the popup working fine... but when trying to load even the siropu_chat template it's not working (doesn't load any chat).

Chat already has the option to load it an a popup. Is in the chat user options. You can find the link in "siropu_chat_popup_link" template. Copy that and paste it where you want in.

Thanks for the response although I'm not looking for a new popup window, I knew that function existed. What I'm trying to achieve is actually placing the chat inside a navigation menu popup:

Screenshot_2.webp

While this looks like it works... it doesn't load any chat like it does at the bottom/top of the forum list when that's enabled.

You would have to use embed mode in that case and place the chat callback where you want it. Please see FAQ.
If you are using the dedicated chat page, none of the chat instances will work on that page since you will end up with 2 chats.

Internal links are opening in the same window by default, the same as links in threads. The option to open links in a new window is javascript based and applies only to links posted in forum activity.

Is there any way you could offer an edit or any guidance on how to edit or make a new tweak to enable all links within the chat to open in a new window as well? It would be greatly appreciated as the way our forum is used, having a new tab or window open for extra information being shared by others via link is important and losing the window you were on to a new one is far from ideal. Sure people could click their own links in the right way but what I can say, our users can be lazy.

Try this:
Go to siropu_chat_js template and replace this:
Code:
$(document).on('click', '.siropuChatForumActivityBot .internalLink', function(e) {
With:
Code:
$(document).on('click', '.internalLink', function(e) {

Hey,
I want to buy your Chat System, but your PTR record is set wrongly with your mailserver.

"Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname"

Can you fix it?

Top Bottom