Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hello,

I'm wondering what i really need, you have 2 nice plugins, Shoutbox and this Chat-2.
My question is.. Can i create a main forum index chat that will be accessible by all registered users with chat-2 , or is this more like a "if you want to do this you need a shoutbox ":unsure:.

Creating multiple rooms is possible for users too, or is this admin only related?
And if users can create there own rooms... will they be visible by other users so they can find each others rooms, or is this by invite only?

Thanks in advance, and many thanks for these nice plugins! keep up the good work!
(you are the reason i switched from VB to Xenforo LOL )

Creating multiple rooms is possible for users too, or is this admin only related?
All users with the "Create rooms" permission can create rooms.

will they be visible by other users so they can find each others rooms, or is this by invite only?
All are visible and they can be public, username restricted or password protected.

Can i create a main forum index chat that will be accessible by all registered users with chat-2 , or is this more like a "if you want to do this you need a shoutbox
Shoutbox doesn't have rooms like Chat add-on. Only public and staff room.

Edit buttons? You mean all action buttons in posts (like, edit, delete, etc)? To display inline with the text?
Yes. Since I’m assuming it’s responsive to the screen size the majority of our users have to turn the phone to landscape mode to see them. If I don’t run compact mode the UI looks weird with some large timestamps.

Just installed it. Is there anyway I can restrict people posting their mobile numbers in chats? Other than telling them not to!

How could we make the title block darker?
You can do one of two things:

1. Go to siropu_chat_poll_list.less template and remove this part: background: @xf-contentBg;
2. Add this in extra.less template:

CSS:
#siropuChatPolls,
.siropuChatPollsEmbed
{
    .block-header
    {
        color: black;
    }
}

I just purchased the addon and have some questions; I know these are probably newbie questions, but I'm a newbie.

I plan to offer this as a perk for Supporting Members; when I install the addon, will it be visible to all users, or do I immediately go to the admin panel and remove registered users from permissions? I haven't installed the addon yet. I have already created a user group for Supporting Members; I am guessing that once I download the addon, I will be able to add it to the Supporting Members user group; am I at least close?

I know I'm rolling my own eyes at myself.

I just purchased the addon and have some questions; I know these are probably newbie questions, but I'm a newbie.

I plan to offer this as a perk for Supporting Members; when I install the addon, will it be visible to all users, or do I immediately go to the admin panel and remove registered users from permissions? I haven't installed the addon yet. I have already created a user group for Supporting Members; I am guessing that once I download the addon, I will be able to add it to the Supporting Members user group; am I at least close?

I know I'm rolling my own eyes at myself.
When you install the addon, you have to go configure the permissions. IIRC, there are no permissions set until you do it yourself.
If you just want "supporting members" to have access to it, then just go to that group and grant them access.

Okay, another newbie question. Are there instructions on how to use the different features of the Chat 2 addon that I can share with my users? I would rather not point them to this community.

Okay, another newbie question. Are there instructions on how to use the different features of the Chat 2 addon that I can share with my users? I would rather not point them to this community.
You can direct them to the help/quick ref page that's in the chat page itself:
1705978038620.webp
That lists all the commands available. However, I would personally recommend making your own simple guide outlining your specific configuration and what you have enabled for users.

Your options menu:

1705978222674.webp

....would also be customized to show the options you have enabled for those users as well. (the example above is from an administrator point of view).

But really, a custom info page with your chat usage rules and what features are available would be a better solution IMHO.

You can direct them to the help/quick ref page that's in the chat page itself:
View attachment 297008
That lists all the commands available. However, I would personally recommend making your own simple guide outlining your specific configuration and what you have enabled for users.

Your options menu:

View attachment 297009

....would also be customized to show the options you have enabled for those users as well. (the example above is from an administrator point of view).

But really, a custom info page with your chat usage rules and what features are available would be a better solution IMHO.
That's a great idea. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Where do I enable the chat feature so it shows up at the top of the forum with the other tabs like Home, what's new, media, etc?

I want it to show up for the supporting member user group that has already been added, not the general registered users. I checked the all pages button in the display mode section of the chat options, but don't see the chat feature anywhere.

I promise I will get the hang of this:)

Where do I enable the chat feature so it shows up at the top of the forum with the other tabs like Home, what's new, media, etc?

I want it to show up for the supporting member user group that has already been added, not the general registered users. I checked the all pages button in the display mode section of the chat options, but don't see the chat feature anywhere.

I promise I will get the hang of this:)
1) You have to give permissions for the correct user groups so that the navigation tab is displayed.
2) You can customize the navigation entry from here: AdminCP > Setup > Public Navigation [Scroll down to the Chat sections and adjust as you desire]

I haven't set this up in awhile, but IIRC, the steps above should still be correct.

I still can't get it to work. Can you recommend another Chat add-on that might be a little more user-friendly? I can't even find information on how to set it up; if it weren't for you, I would not have received any support from this add-on. I understand that it's easy for software folks, but it's not great for someone coming in and just trying to add it to their existing forum.

Top Bottom