Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Which dark theme is currently compatible with chatbox since I'm shopping for one?
Eg. Is XenDark a good candidate?
Any other suggestion is appreciated!
Thx!

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added two new admin options:
  • Count room reactions
  • Count private conversation reactions

Deleting a user will also delete their attachments.

Bugs Fixed
Fixed an issue with muted sanction type where messages are still visible.
Board wide banned users can still see Chat in "All pages" mode.
Made some changes to prevent potential front-end errors when upgrading add-on.

Read the rest of this update entry...

New to the chat add-on. Installed today! And pretty new to forum building and XenForo (only 4 weeks in now).

I've been playing around with the settings. At first I got it to show up at the top right of the sidebar. And, then.... gone. Now, it only shows up at the bottom of the window no matter which box is checked.

When I checked this the first time, it worked.
1648409667413.png

Now it's checked and the chat window is only at the bottom.
1648409727508.png

Also... at first, when I did have the chat window show up in the top of the sidebar, it only showed for the "light mode." Not there for the "dark mode" and I couldn't find any settings in the style section.
Help, please. And, thanks!

In order to upload images, you have to add the Chat upload button to the editor from Admin Control Panel > Content > BB code button manager > Click to edit the toolbars

On the toolbar edit page, drag and drop the Chat upload icon from the top toolbar to the bottom one and save.

Not sure where to edit.
1648480517483.png

But, on my chat, there is an image upload button. However, the only option is to use a link (URL). No ability to upload an image file directly from my computer. Is there a way to do this? This would be a BIG help for planned chat events with a "speaker" who wants to use images in the presentation.
1648480688639.webp

Thanks! I'm working my way through the functions of this add-on. It is very robust! :cool:

I have the same issue described by RallyFan, but cannot find the control panel that Siropu suggested. Running Xenforo 2.2.8 Patch 1 and Chat 2.2.3.

ACP > Setup > Options > Chat or ACP > AddOns > Chat > Options seem to both go to the same control panel (I am assuming the slight difference in location is due to a change in Xenforo since the above message). This control panel does not have a section for "Commands".

So I cannot find the control panel that was referred to, and see no way to enable the prune command for anybody - at present it only works for admiistrators, even if the user permissions are set to allow it. It is probable that I've just missed something, please explain more clearly where to find this setting.
@Siropu, can you please explain how to enable the prune command for anybody, not just administrators? Details of the issue I'm seeing are outlined in my previous message quoted above. Thanks.

Not sure where to edit.
View attachment 266535

But, on my chat, there is an image upload button. However, the only option is to use a link (URL). No ability to upload an image file directly from my computer. Is there a way to do this? This would be a BIG help for planned chat events with a "speaker" who wants to use images in the presentation.
View attachment 266537

Thanks! I'm working my way through the functions of this add-on. It is very robust! :cool:

Replying to myself. I figured it out! The image upload icon is NOT that one. It's this one, which I had to add in my BBCode editor in the ACP.
1648694245126.webp

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements

Giphy API key used for the /giphy command has stopped working so I have added a command option to add your own API key (ACP > Chat > Commands > Giphy)

Also, a new command has been added called /gif where you can use either Giphy or Tenor as a provider. It require an API key for any of the providers (ACP > Chat > Commands > Gif).

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, is there any way to hide the user flag when it is "0", I'd prefer it not be there unless someone is in the chat

Top Bottom