Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Please send me a PM with a test user account to take a look.

No. For multi chat convos, you can use private rooms.

Message sent. BTW, I was fooling around with the other CSS you had me try and it' looks like that is getting ignored now, as well (I think??)

would u able to have multichat private convos on private chat?
It would require the complete redesign of the private conversation system so no plans for that.

right now the private rooms is based on user groups
They are based on users or passwords as well. User groups are part of the admin features.
If you want to have a private conversation with more than one user, you can create a room with username restrictions and invite those users to join using the /invite command.

Hey, sometimes, but not so often I get this error:

PHP:
Error: Call to undefined method XF\Entity\User::canViewSiropuChat() src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Chat.php:20
Generated by: xxxx Narsil 5 Februar 2022 v 04:16
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php(33): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat->preDispatchController('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php(125): XF\Pub\Controller\AbstractController->preDispatchType('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(351): XF\Mvc\Controller->preDispatch('Update', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Cha...', 'Update', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Chat), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(511) "/index.php?chat/update&users%5B1%5D=4619%2C79601%2C78930%2C11200%2C27532%2C83267%2C80883%2C80753%2C29796%2C82951%2C83474%2C5963%2C79831%2C54467%2C48818%2C81110%2C76887%2C12172&channel=room&room_id=1&last_id%5B1%5D=2354&conv_id=0&conv_only=0&conv_items=&conv_last_active=1643137715&conv_last_update=1643137715&user_last_update=1644030991&is_chat_page=0&hide_tabs=0&_xfRequestUri=%2Fvlakno%2Fdrakensang-the-dark-eye.3642%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1644028160%2C6f693fe54b7bd4a23725136f2fb95c72&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(59) "https://prekladyher.eu/vlakno/drakensang-the-dark-eye.3642/"
  ["_GET"] => array(17) {
    ["chat/update"] => string(0) ""
    ["users"] => array(1) {
      [1] => string(105) "4619,79601,78930,11200,27532,83267,80883,80753,29796,82951,83474,5963,79831,54467,48818,81110,76887,12172"
    }
    ["channel"] => string(4) "room"
    ["room_id"] => string(1) "1"
    ["last_id"] => array(1) {
      [1] => string(4) "2354"
    }
    ["conv_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_only"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conv_items"] => string(0) ""
    ["conv_last_active"] => string(10) "1643137715"
    ["conv_last_update"] => string(10) "1643137715"
    ["user_last_update"] => string(10) "1644030991"
    ["is_chat_page"] => string(1) "0"
    ["hide_tabs"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(37) "/vlakno/drakensang-the-dark-eye.3642/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1644028160,6f693fe54b7bd4a23725136f2fb95c72"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Should I ignore it or it could be a problem?

There isn't. This is the "All pages" mode and that's how it works. If you don't want to see that bar, you can use it above/below forum list display mode instead. If you register on my demo site, you can test all display modes from chat user settings.
Hello Mister
I would like to turn off the chat floating bar at the bottom of the forum
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks in advance

I would like to turn off the chat floating bar at the bottom of the forum
Change Chat admin option "Display mode" from "All pages" to something else. Also, if you have the user group permission to change display mode from chat user settings, that will override the admin option so in case you make the change in ACP and doesn't have any effect, that's the reason.

Change Chat admin option "Display mode" from "All pages" to something else. Also, if you have the user group permission to change display mode from chat user settings, that will override the admin option so in case you make the change in ACP and doesn't have any effect, that's the reason.
Thank you very much, your addon is awesome and it is up and running in my board, and my gamers linked with discord and are chatting in your addon more than discord.

So, we just had to mute someone. We're getting reports that people can view the muted messages by the muted user, even when they're not staff.

What are the specific requirements for being able to view muted messages, please? We're trying to narrow down what could be causing people to see their muted messages. The user just joined, and users of all kinds can see their messages.

------

EDIT: We asked another user to test the Mute settings and muted them. Our staff accounts could see their muted messages, but our regular user alts couldn't see them. So we're wondering how the Mute feature works, I suppose.

-------

EDIT2:
Overnight, the user was both Pinging users and triggering bots while muted.

For some reason, some users are reporting they couldn't see the muted user, but certainly saw their effects.

So now I'm especially confused.

tl;dr:
1) New user joins, gets abusive, gets muted. People of all account types can still see their two muted messages.
2) We mute a friendly user to test, and no one can see their friendly messages.
3) Original abusive muted user triggers buts and tags messages and the effects of those go through, rather than are ignored by their targets, but people don't see their messages this time but get the pings and bot results.

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been asked. I got a member who wants to start private conversation with a member but got an error.
I've checked his permissions, he can chat message.
I as admin, I can private chat but he has moderator group and can't.
He got this error: You cannot start a private conversation with ...
Did I overlook some config?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Bit of a problem.

Trying to run /prune all or /prune. Getting a "You don't have permission to use this command", despite clearly having permission.

Have rebuilt user permissions and cache and same problem. Works fine as admins however not moderators.
Go to ACP > Chat > Commands > prune and select moderator groups under "Enable for selected user groups".
I have the same issue described by RallyFan, but cannot find the control panel that Siropu suggested. Running Xenforo 2.2.8 Patch 1 and Chat 2.2.3.

ACP > Setup > Options > Chat or ACP > AddOns > Chat > Options seem to both go to the same control panel (I am assuming the slight difference in location is due to a change in Xenforo since the above message). This control panel does not have a section for "Commands".

So I cannot find the control panel that was referred to, and see no way to enable the prune command for anybody - at present it only works for admiistrators, even if the user permissions are set to allow it. It is probable that I've just missed something, please explain more clearly where to find this setting.

Good morning
I'm not sure, but was "who quoted me" and mention user name in the alerts or hints?
Kind regards

Like the alert in private chat, but longer take a look on attached screenshot

private chat alert.webp

Thanks

Last edited:
So now I'm especially confused.
There is a bug it seems. Will be fixed in the next release.

Did I overlook some config?
Same privacy rules apply as for XF's conversations. If the user ignores you, you cannot start a conversation. If the user has "Start conversations with you" set to a value that doesn't apply to you, then you cannot initiate the conversation. Also if the user is banned.

I'm not sure, but was "who quoted me" and mention user name in the alerts or hints?
What does the alert say? You can get an alert when a user starts a conversation with you or when you get a new message.

I want to get an alert when my message was quoted
We'll see. Can't promise anything.

Is there a option to have a specific room hidden from "browse rooms" from certain user groups
If you make a room accessible only to certain user groups (via room settings as admin), that room will be hidden to the other groups, assuming those groups don't have the permission "View private rooms" set to "Yes".

So, I was looking at some of the chat commands, like slap, and I was wondering if it was possible to add to them and create new commands. I looked in Phrases and when I searched "slap" I saw that there were 6 different phrases. If I wanted to create a new phrase, say, tickle, would I need to basically replicate all six "slap" phrases but changing "slap" to "tickle"? Would that do it, or are their other steps. I don't want to mess things up, I'm certainly no programmer, but I can methodically follow simple things like replicating where needed.

What say you, Mr. Siropu? :) I'm sure you see where adding additional commands, especially where some users (admin, moderators) have access and others don't, can provide some humor. :)

would you be able to add an option for users can choose a default font like the color in the future please my members really want it

Top Bottom