Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Right. That was my point. Siropu's chat allowed them to see ALL the new thread titles, without having to visit individual nodes

I just bought the addon and I have the same problem. How can I setup guests to view the chat without being able to message.
I set: view chat for unregistered to Yes and use chat to no but it does not work like this. Unregistered can't see the chat rooms.

'I've done each of these things, and unregistered users are still sent to the sign in page. What now?

EDIT: If the display mode is set to anything other than "Chat Page Only'" guests can see the chat. But chat page only doesn't work.

Is it possible to introduce a function that allows you to show messages arranged as on whatsapp, that is, not the nickname but the clouds? Or is it already there?

The height is controlled from the Chat style properties. "Chat content height"

Are you referring to the "Hide chatter list" option from "Default miscellaneous settings" admin options? It is the default setting for new chat users but they have the option to display it from their chat user settings if permissions are set to change settings.

Chat style property "Message text".

Try:
CSS:
#siropuChat.siropuChatSidebar .siropuChatMessages > li > div
{
    display: inline-block;
}

It is a room setting found when you create/edit a room.

I just updated to the latest version and now the chat widget used in the sidebar isn't respecting the "chat content height" setting anymore. It doesn't matter what I set it to, it doesn't change?

The Style property? I don't see any issues in my testing. Make sure you have no custom CSS for it in extra.less
The only thing I have in extra.less is what you suggested for changing the position of the date/time info (below). I should also mention that I'm using UI.X. I've tried everything I can think of and I can't make the chat widget the height I want anymore.

Code:
#siropuChat.siropuChatSidebar .siropuChatMessages > li > div
{
    display: inline-block;
}

Hello, so I've been using this Chat for several years, and for the most part it has been great, both public chat rooms and private chats. However, within the past few months, we've been suffering from lags within the chats. We hold Trivia and we sometimes get 8-10 participants. Lag can go from zero seconds to five seconds all the way up to 30-60 seconds. Obviously, in Trivia, any lag is unacceptable. Sometimes some people get lag, sometimes no one, sometimes everyone. Sometimes in private chat there is lag just posting one sentence.

Sometimes, and this is why I am thinking it may well NOT be chat, because sometimes we just suffer a waiting period to get a page to load.

I have shared hosting on GoDaddy servers. A light load by all measure because I will look at the CPU usage and memory usage and all other stats I can access and I don't see squat. But since it is a shared server, I suppose others could be hogging the CPU and bandwidth and I wouldn't know.

I simply wanted to see if others using this program might be having the same issue or had it and figured out what was going on. Thank you.

Top Bottom