Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hello @Siropu. May I make a suggestion for one change? If the chat field had a unique ID for each room, it would allow easy modification of CSS to personalize hidden rooms (because sometimes they can get confusing when they all look the same).

t would allow easy modification of CSS to personalize hidden rooms
You can use CSS for anything already:

CSS:
#siropuChatRooms li[data-room-id="x"]
{

}
#siropuChatTabs a[data-room-id="x"]
{

}
.siropuChatMessages[data-room-id="x"]
{

}
.siropuChatUsers[data-room-id="x"]
{

}

Reactions: TFW
Hi,

is it possible to make "hidden users" in the chat make viewable for all users?
Or alternatively to disallow "hidden users" the use of the chat?

Thanks!

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features & Improvements

Added "who is typing" feature for both rooms and conversations with the admin option to enable it for each individually. The list of users who are typing is loaded directly from JSON files on the server so performance should be good with this approach. Server side, the file is read using file_get_contents and it requires allow_url_fopen on your server. This feature only works when the page is focused to prevent unnecessary loads.

Made some changes in room embed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In admin options set the Guest room and in user group permissions for "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" group set "View chat", "Use chat" and "Join rooms" set to 1.

'I've done each of these things, and unregistered users are still sent to the sign in page. What now?

EDIT: If the display mode is set to anything other than "Chat Page Only'" guests can see the chat. But chat page only doesn't work.

Last edited:
Hi @Siropu, I'm using an older version as I'm still on XF2.1 (2.10.0) and I noticed if I type two spaces and press backspace, both spaces get erased instead of only one. Any ideas about why this happens? It's quite unconvenient especially for mobile users. I noticed this behavior only occurs if someone is mentioned in the chat message I'm typing, so I think it's related to it.

If the issue is from the editor itself, don't think you can do something about it other than using the latest version.

If the issue is from the editor itself, don't think you can do something about it other than using the latest version.

I tried to verify this typing in a post, and the issue doesn't occur, so I believe it's directly related to the Chat add-on.

Chat uses the editor in "compact mode" so might be an issue with that on older versions. Please send me a PM with you board URL to take a look at something.

its posible to get a widget chat of a specific room?
something like that:
<xf:widget key="siropu_chat" data-room-id="2" />
??
I know that with iframe it could do it but i need with a widget or some template code

Top Bottom