Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
The latest update to Xenforo 2.2 seems to have broken something. When pushing enter, the chat message does not go through, it just goes down to the next line. Haven't found a way to post a message.

My phone just goes to the next line...

Someone on my site has reported this issue too, despite 'Allow multi-line messages' being disabled. This is on an Android device with Gboard (their device's default keyboard). It is not something I noticed previously as I normally use Samsung Keyboard (the default on my device) where tapping enter reliably sends the message. But sure enough with the keyboard changed to Gboard, enter unexpectedly moves to a new line on the first tap. A second tap sends the message.

Someone on my site has reported this issue too, despite 'Allow multi-line messages' being disabled. This is on an Android device with Gboard (their device's default keyboard). It is not something I noticed previously as I normally use Samsung Keyboard (the default on my device) where tapping enter reliably sends the message. But sure enough with the keyboard changed to Gboard, enter unexpectedly moves to a new line on the first tap. A second tap sends the message.

I've had the same issue. Putting a full stop/period at the end of the text then enter works for me.

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added room user limit. This allows you to limit the number of active users that can join the room.
Made some changes to the image upload function to use the native XF attachment manager style.
Implemented chat message count update when using user account merge combine feature.

Bugs Fixed
Fixed image lightbox view in the archive.
Fixed issue with sound and tab notification in unfocused pages.
Fixed editor new line break with insert user mention.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,

I just installed the Chat 2.1.24 Add-on in Xenforo 2.2.7. Actually I do not find a link to the chat feature, where should I find a link to the chat?
Do I've to activate it somewhere additionally?

"enable chat" and display mode "All pages" are activated.

Thanks!

The prefix as a link like [Prefix] Thread title?

Yes exactly, so for example, a bot would type:

{username} just started a new thread called {thread_prefix} {thread_title} in {forum_node}.

The prefix can either be styled or even unstyled (as plain text).

Thank you!

What kind of user group permissions do I have to set?
ACP > Groups & permissions > User group permissions
You can find Chat permissions for each group. You have to set them for registered and moderator/admin groups.

Reactions: tsi
That's the default display mode. You can change it from admin options. Also, if you have the permission to change display mode from user settings, it will override the admin option for you so change that as well.

Thanks! Now I found the parameter. I searched for something to "disable", but I had to switch from "all pages" to something else ...

Just purchased / installed. I've searched through this thread for sidebar widget options/settings with little luck. A couple of questions:

1. How do I change the height of the sidebar widget? IMO, the default is too tall for my site.
  2. When I change the options in the widget to not show the active user chatting list, is that a user specific setting or a global setting? I'm hoping it's a global user setting because the actual message component of the chatbox is too small for the widget (active chatters list takes up too much room)
  3. Default message text color: I found the user setting, not sure if that is global. Which template property do I change to make the default message text for everyone?
  4. How do I put the date/time stamp (in the widget view) next to the user post and get rid of the timestamp below the message?

Basically I'm trying to make the widget version work & look more like Taigachat, which was compact but effective.

Thx.

Last edited:
How do I change the height of the sidebar widget?
The height is controlled from the Chat style properties. "Chat content height"

When I change the options in the widget to not show the active user chatting list, is that a user specific setting or a global setting?
Are you referring to the "Hide chatter list" option from "Default miscellaneous settings" admin options? It is the default setting for new chat users but they have the option to display it from their chat user settings if permissions are set to change settings.

Which template property do I change to make the default message text for everyone?
Chat style property "Message text".

How do I put the date/time stamp (in the widget view) next to the user post and get rid of the timestamp below the message?
Try:
CSS:
#siropuChat.siropuChatSidebar .siropuChatMessages > li > div
{
    display: inline-block;
}

I've installed 2.1.23 but not sure how to implement the room user limit.
It is a room setting found when you create/edit a room.

Top Bottom