Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hi, I've noticed a space gets left behind in the chat editor after sending submitting a message (e.g. public message, whisper). This causes the placeholder "Write a public message..." not to display until backspace is pressed 1-2 times. Is this a known issue? Thanks. :)

Edit: Also just encountered internal links not always opening in a new tab, despite siropuChatOpenInternalLinksInNewTab being checked. This one is working OK on your Siropu.com forum though! Reuploaded all files and emptied cache but still happening locally. Weird. :unsure:

Last edited:
Good news, the problem with options[siropuChatOpenInternalLinksInNewTab] not working as expect has been traced back to a third-party addon. 🙂

However, I have a different issue to report. From experimenting with XFMG 2.2's attachment mirroring feature through my test site, it seems that Chat Bot notifications aren't quite right with links pointing to the Admin cp. Example:
Code:
@Username has added a [URL='admin.php?media']new media item[/URL] to the category "[URL='admin.php?media/categories']Category name[/URL]".

This issue was encountered when running "XFMG: Sync attachment media mirroring" (admin.php?tools/rebuild).

There were hundreds of Chat Bot new media notifications. Perhaps it'd be better to skip New media item notifications for media items created this way. Thoughts?

I guess the workaround for now would be for an admin to turn off options[siropuChatXFMGActivityMediaItem] prior to syncing attachments for media mirroring.

This just started happening last week..
When the chat is up usually after 30 minutes the server crashes. After 10-15 minutes we’re back up, I close the chat and no issues. If I keep the chat open it crashes again. No chat settings have been changed at all in the last couple years.

So, we have a group that plays Trivia, and we get about 7-12 people in the room. It's fun, but, we get lag, and when you're playing Trivia, speed is obviously of the essence. Sometimes it is a second or two, but sometimes a question will get asked and before the question appears to some, a half dozen have answered. Is it unusual to have lag with 7-12? Are there settings I can change to improve upon this? I'm using 2.1.12. Thank you.

Hello,
I am new to Xenforo and overally years without simple html and css coding, so it was the matter of time when I will show up here :D

I've got 3 chatrooms in 3 fixed pages so I don't want users to see the Chat Rooms Tabs and of course make it clean as much as possible. When I managed to hide it on desktop, i don't know what css to insert to hide it on ALL devices? Or should i insert css for mobile and tablets separately?

1627036835535.webp

I need to reach this on all devices, can you help me please?

Last edited:
There a bug on chat that let's unconfirmed users being able to post in the chatrooms. So I have new users to be approved before they are fully registered but before I even approve them they are able to post in the chatroom. Can you please fix this as I'm getting a couple of trolls that are abusing the system

Chat posting is permission based so make sure that only registered user group has the permission to use it.

Chat posting is permission based so make sure that only registered user group has the permission to use it.
Yes only registered members show can chat but when unconfirmed members chat they show up in the chatrooms before I approve them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210729-055041_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20210729-055041_Chrome.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210729-055106_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20210729-055106_Chrome.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 5
I just installed this add-on, I don't quite get how it works --

I've created a room called "the lobby", and set it to be the default room. Set display mode to "Chat page only".

But have no idea how to access it -- When I click on the "chat" link in the menu bar, it just takes me to a page where the only "chat" that's displayed is "Private conversations", not a general room or lobby.

What am I doing wrong here? My user has administrative privileges, so presumably I should be able to see any chat room that's created?
thanks

Top Bottom