Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Is it possible to allow unregistered users to view chat box, usernames but not chat messages ? Currently, view permission shows everything.

There is "Hide message content from selected user groups" admin option. Select "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" there.

Thank you very much. Also, is it possible to display room list instead of chat users in the side bar ? or make room list displayed in a clearer way.

Used it since 1.5 and it has been a staple. The ROI from the membership generated from this addon is unbelievable. One question though, why is the XF 2 keyboard (Mobile) pops back up after entering the message. It pushes the posted message screen way up making it quite frustrating to watch replies.

Can anything be done to it?

Good day, Siropu! After the most recent upgrade, something seems to have gone amiss. I have many users reporting that they can no longer see the chat hover as usual, although they are able to access rooms via direct link. For myself as an admin, occasionally I've managed to disable the chat and was able to correct this by using the direct link, clicking on the settings gear, then unchecking the 'disable chat' option. However, for non-admins, the config gear is not there.

Is there a way to correct this without giving everyone admin permissions? All other permissions are exactly as they were before, the only event that's happened recently was running the latest upgrade.

I have verified that from the mobile phone, with the Brave browser the affiliate link system does not work in the chat, this works with other browsers and with Brave in the computer.

Do you have a solution? I'm using iOS.
I have deactivated the shields on the website to check that it is not an adblocker problem.
It still doesn't work.

I have also found that the chat plugin has some design problems with the mobile view
e.g. it is covered by the lower iOS bar
IMG_2834.jpeg

Also the chat cannot be opened again if you deactivate it from the mobile version, this happens also in the desktop version.
You can deactivate it from the chat bar but the bar disappears so you can't activate it again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Across the site, the keyboard will randomly close or freeze when you're typing on mobile.
The change I've made regarding the editor is a simple conditional on mobile to not focus the editor after message is submitted. I don't see any changes that I've made that could cause such issues.

On the desktop version of the site, when visiting the chat for some users it looks like this:
Looks like a permission issue.

The change I've made regarding the editor is a simple conditional on mobile to not focus the editor after message is submitted. I don't see any changes that I've made that could cause such issues.

Looks like a permission issue.
Doing more research I believe it's a chrome based issue with their recent update: https://medium.com/better-programmi...right-now-by-the-chrome-80-update-b654f074313

I'll be working on fixes on my end then. Sorry for taking up your time. Thanks for the timely response!

Hi @Siropu thank you for this amazing addon
Can you look at this
when you create a room and you uncheck "can leave room",
the room name will not be clickable in the browse rooms tab.

so if people click on the name it stay on the browse_rooms tab
if you check "can leave room" it is clickable and it will open room tab's

it will be nice to make it clikable
thank you for your work

Top Bottom