Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hey @Siropu

Is there any possibility at all of adding a feature whereby the chatbar auto hides until someone replies (or something like that) ?

I find sometimes the chat bar (whilst great) gets in the way of POST REPLY and other buttons.

The problem is that it won't work unless you have the chat page enabled. If you hide the bar how users would be able to see it and post? Maybe use a different display mode without the bar.

I was thinking a mouseover, or when a comment is posted it pops up/slides up from bottom. Like Auto Hide Taskbar / Start Menu in Windows (if that makes sense).

That way the chat is visible on every page, but not over the top of things.

Only other way I can think would be it sliding out from the left or right of screen/page.

See how this works for you:

Code:
<xf:js>
     $(function()
     {
        bar = $('#siropuChatBar');

setTimeout(function()
        {
            bar.addClass('siropuChatBarMini');
        }, 1000);

bar.on('click', function()
        {
            $(this).toggleClass('siropuChatBarMini');
        });

$('#siropuChat').on('new-message', function()
        {
            bar.removeClass('siropuChatBarMini');
        });
    });
</xf:js>

<xf:css>
     #siropuChatBar.siropuChatBarMini #siropuChatBarMessageContainer, #siropuChatBar.siropuChatBarMini #siropuChatBarDisable
     {
          display: none;
     }
     #siropuChatBar.siropuChatBarMini
     {
        left: auto;
        margin-right: 50%;
     }
    #siropuChatBar.siropuChatBarMini #siropuChatBarUserCount a
    {
        padding: 2px 5px;
    }
</xf:css>
Add it at the top of the template siropu_chat

That appears to work nicely, and when clicked (or a new comment is made either in chat or via connected thread) it displays in the chat bar.

There's a very minor formatting issue sometimes where it jumps to the side of the screen, but it does exactly what is required, and means the Post Thread and Preview buttons are no longer blocked by the chatbar.

For those wondering, the CHAT button remains, but the area alongside it where messages are seen is not (unless someone replies).

Thanks Siropu!!

Hi,

is there a setting in ACP to schedule i.e. weekly chats and outside of these chattimes the chat is closed?

Those weekly chats have to turn on and off automatically (i.e. via cronjob)

@Siropu, is there an option to disable the chat icon in the user navigation that I'm missing?

Also is the FA hard coded to far? It doesn't seem to inherit the font weight setting for FA.

Yes, there is "Enable chat link icon on right navigation for mobile users".
The icon is hard coded. It is added via JS. The link uses .p-navgroup-link--chat class and it can be styled.

Hi,

I just bought this addon and try to set it up.

At the moment I have the little chatbox displayed in the right and sidebar at the top. I can see the chat text and the username and further on the rigt the word "Chat" in bold.

A. But of I click on this or the chatt message, nothing happens. Is this normal?

Because I would rather to display a new window with the whole chat in it, if someone clicks on this.

B. I see in ACP/widgets the possibility to make settings when the chat shall happen and when not. But this is for each space where you can see the chat separately

Do I need to do this always for each widget position or is there somewhere a "global setting"?

C. Is there a way within the chat settings to alert a user while he is logged in the forum (but not in the chat), that you marked him or whisper him so he realises that someone wants to talk with him in the chat?

Thanks for replying, I can't seem to notice any new bbcode buttons, just the usual ones with one with the picture icon. When I select it, I'm prompted to put a url only, with no possibilities to upload from my machine.

I appreciate your help!
I have the same problem :/ I disabled all other add ons and it does not work... permission for upload is on and it works everywhere but not in chat :( Please help

Is there a way to give warnings to chat users? I can only find the sanction function. It would be useful to give warnings first and be able to have the warning system delete their post and quote it in the warning or so, if it's warning for a specific message.

Top Bottom