Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
If you have the permission to change display mode from chat user settings, that will overwrite the admin option for you.

Change path-to-icon to the actual path of the icon when it is located om the server.
To find the room id, in room list, hover over an action link (link/edit/delete) and look in the left corner of the browser for this part: ..chat/room/2/...

Great, Truang. I´ll give it a try. BTW: did you had the time to look in the other issue I was talking about in the PM? The language thing? I would really owe you something, if you could gimme a hand on this. We´re launching on friday.. :/

I have already responded to your PM. I can add language criteria for each room in the core but no more that that.

Members love the new Chat, thanks @Siropu
Is there an option or some extra code I can put so that new Threads get posted in the Chat box? In XF1 with another chat program we had that option. When someone started a new Thread a message would pop into chat box like
"Joe started a new Thread: WTS New Laptop"
and it hyperlink to that thread.

@imno007 thanks, I just found the option, now would you happen to know where I have the option to have the Link bold texted and underlined?
No, sorry, you'll have to wait for Siropu or someone else to tell you that. But I wouldn't advise you to mix the new thread notices with regular chat, if that's why you're asking. People often won't see new chat comments if they have to scroll up too much, so a lot of new thread notices, especially if you get users on posting sprees, is going to result in comments not being seen by some - which will make for a less engaging chat space. Just my 2 cents.

New Thread notices are all I put. We are a small forum of about 90 active users. I appreciate you getting back to me, I hope @Siropu has an easy answer for my text adjustments.

New Thread notices are all I put. We are a small forum of about 90 active users. I appreciate you getting back to me, I hope @Siropu has an easy answer for my text adjustments.
It works well for that, if people aren't much interested in using the chat for chatting. You might want to look at these, though, for some other idea on how you might display new threads:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/page-as-portal-homepage.5663/

and this:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-make-a-tabbed-widget.5957/

As I mentioned before I have a separate chat room for new threads, but after setting up a homepage with new threads taking up most of the real estate there, and another widget on the forums with a reduced number of threads shown, it became kind of superfluous. But heh, maybe you just want the chat option. Not trying to change your mind about anything. ;)

To change the text style, edit phrase siropu_chat_new_thread_notification and change {user} has started a new thread called "{thread}" in {forum}. with {user} has started a new thread called "[B][U]{thread}[/B][/U]" in {forum}. Basically, use BB codes.

1 Error in chat with Handy.
Go to "Top Chatters" -> The Menü dont float. Scroll right and see the Font (hellblue of gray)

LG: Tammy

The Error you can see as image in Attach-File.

What is the price for help to integrate the Chat over the Nodelist as "Shoutbox" ?
Your actual Shoutbox is not good for me - very very small functions. The chat2 is too big - but is ok .
For vb4 the VSa Chatbox was PERFEKT.
PHP, CSS usw. is not a Problem for me. But XF its new for me (i have this 2 Month). I have a a little problem of this code, templates usw..
I'am learning XF (and English seit 09.2018 );)

LG: Tammy

Attachments

• sirochat.webp
    sirochat.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 14
2 Questions:
1) Any specific technical requirements to use the chat or the same as Xenforo 2?
2) Renewal any time after the first twelve months (like with Xenforo) or do I have to purchase the renewal directly after the 12 months run out?

Top Bottom