Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I have tested the add-on before releasing it on two separate installations and haven't found an issue. I'm waiting for the ticket.

I'm not a SEO expert so I don't know but in order for bots to have access, you must allow guests to view archive and I don't think that is a good idea.
Done, thank you!

Hey @Siropu ,

hope you can help me out.

- First, the autologin doesn´t seem to work on my site. Is this a bug?

- Second, I´ld like to achieve, that when users switching languages - like from english to russian - the chat logs them out of the english and into the corresponding russian chatroom.

- Third, the chatroom overview of all existing chatrooms should be removed for registered users (exempt admins and mods), so the language chooser dictates, in which room they are logged in automaticly.

I know that this isn´t supported in Chat 2 out of the box. But do you think this could be implemented? Willing to pay for it.

Regards,
Chris.

First, the autologin doesn´t seem to work on my site. Is this a bug?
It is working fine for me. The option logs you in automatically in the rooms that you have joined, when you are inactive.

But do you think this could be implemented?
What I can do is to add the option to set a language criteria for each room and display to the user only the rooms that match the language used by that user.

It is working fine for me. The option logs you in automatically in the rooms that you have joined, when you are inactive.

What I can do is to add the option to set a language criteria for each room and display to the user only the rooms that match the language used by that user.

Sounds like a start. May be we should talk in a more private atmosphere. Send me a PN whenever you´re ready ;)

Hello @Siropu
A suggestion for your addon display
Add an option to display Public Chat like "facebook messager" : horizontal display overlay in the footer of the page with user lists / rooms.

I cant get the Chat box to appear on my main page like Shoutbox default, only separate Tab. If I go to ACP->Add-Ons, then click the settings icon for Chat 2 I dont have the Options link.

@Siropu , don´t know if it has been asked before. How do I change the height of the embedded chat on forums list seperatly? Seems the height settings in the ACP is changing them all, even on the dedicated chat page.

In Chat style properties you have two options, one that affects all display modes and one for chat page alone. If you want to change it only for that position you need some custom css (extra.less)

CSS:
.siropuChatAboveForumList #siropuChatContent
{
    height: 200px;
}

In Chat style properties you have two options, one that affects all display modes and one for chat page alone. If you want to change it only for that position you need some custom css (extra.less)

CSS:
.siropuChatAboveForumList #siropuChatContent
{
    height: 200px;
}
Thank you. Another question: is it somehow possible to add iconized images to the room names? I am not talking about font awesome.

In extra.less add this code:

CSS:
.siropuChatRoomInfo
{
     padding-left: 100px;
}
#siropuChatRooms > li[data-room-id="1"] .siropuChatRoomInfo
{
     background: url('path-to-icon') left center no-repeat;
}

From the code above, duplicate the following code for each room, changing the room id accordingly in this part of the code: li[data-room-id="1"]
CSS:
#siropuChatRooms > li[data-room-id="1"] .siropuChatRoomInfo
{
     background: url('path-to-icon') left center no-repeat;
}

Change path-to-icon to the actual path of the icon when it is located om the server.
To find the room id, in room list, hover over an action link (link/edit/delete) and look in the left corner of the browser for this part: ..chat/room/2/...

In Settings I've got Display Settings as "Chat Page Only" which I assumed would remove the chat box from my main forum page, but it's still there on the main forum page. I'd like it to be a popout box or separate page only if that's possible, am I missing an obvious setting somewhere?

Top Bottom