Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
You would have to use the create message entity in a loop.

PHP:
for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++)
{
     $message = \XF::em()->create('Siropu\Chat:Message');
     $message->message_text = 'blabla';
     $message->message_room_id = $controller->roomId;
     $message->save();
}

You would have to use the create message entity in a loop.

PHP:
for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++)
{
     $message = \XF::em()->create('Siropu\Chat:Message');
     $message->message_text = 'blabla';
     $message->message_room_id = $controller->roomId;
     $message->save();
}
Nice! I love this addon and so does my users :) Good job!

I have one more thing - a small issue... now and then - when chatting - suddenly the "Alert" window pops up and takes focus. Should that happen automatically? I think it should just get a red badge and not display until i click on it.
screenshot-www.aoezone.net-2018-03-19-19-30-12.webp

I am considering this addon, but looking at your demo site, would it be possible to just show the chat button at the bottom of the forum page instead of the latest message etc?? Is this an option in the settings?
I have uploaded a screen shot of your page.
Remove the red part, but keep the green to save on space and unneccesary clutter?
Thanks

Would be nice with a MOTD when user joins a room. Could be a bot-message with the option when user joins a room instead of datetime.

@Siropu I get this error message when clicking on the chat button in the navigation menu

You haven't joined any rooms.

I have set the default chat room to be general chit-chat. When entering the chat I get the above message.

Thanks,
Itworx4me

I am considering this addon, but looking at your demo site, would it be possible to just show the chat button at the bottom of the forum page instead of the latest message etc?? Is this an option in the settings?
There isn't. This is the "All pages" mode and that's how it works. If you don't want to see that bar, you can use it above/below forum list display mode instead. If you register on my demo site, you can test all display modes from chat user settings.

Would be nice with a MOTD when user joins a room. Could be a bot-message with the option when user joins a room instead of datetime.
There is already an option to post bot notifications when user joins/leave room.

I get this error message when clicking on the chat button in the navigation menu
It's not an error message. Have you used the chat before setting the default joined room? Like changing the user settings...

Hey,

I am pretty sure that this has been answered but I couldn't find it at the last few pages,

Currently I am using TaigaChatPro which acts like a shoutbox and can be placed right above the forums on the home screen.

Is there an option to display it there or would I need to use the shoutbox addon instead?

Chat has multiple display options: all pages, above/below forums, above/below content, above/below sidebar, chat page only. If permissions are set, users can choose where they want to see the chat from their settings.

There isn't. This is the "All pages" mode and that's how it works. If you don't want to see that bar, you can use it above/below forum list display mode instead. If you register on my demo site, you can test all display modes from chat user settings.

OK. I thought there may have been an option or edit to just show the chat button floating at the bottom instead of the message strip.
I wouldnt want the full chatroom on the forum unless that button at the bottom was clicked.

Suggestion for improvement
JavaScript:
self.editorSetHtml(input.val() + ' @' + $(this).next('a').text());
replace to
JavaScript:
self.editorSetHtml(input.val() + ' @' + $(this).next('a').text() + ",&nbsp;");

What if the user tags you after the text is written?
I have made this change instead:
JavaScript:
var inputVal = input.val();
                self.editorSetHtml(inputVal + ' @' + $(this).next('a').text() + (inputVal ? '' : ',&nbsp;'));

My users are consistently reporting occurences where they post a message in a chat room and it instead is posted into the default chat room. As far as I can tell from their reports, this mostly seem to happen upon posting messages in a newly opened popup. Any ideas what that might be/cause?

Top Bottom