Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
The post bot uses the wrong URL. So when it posts "xxx has started a new thread", then the link will send them to theaocdungeon.com, without the www, but I have specified in the board settings of XF that the correct url is with the www. Can this be fixed?

The Chat generates links using the built in XF method buildLink.
If your board is accessible with both www and non www I suggest doing a force redirect to www using .htaccess.

The Chat generates links using the built in XF method buildLink.
If your board is accessible with both www and non www I suggest doing a force redirect to www using .htaccess.

Done. But why does it produce the non-www links anyway? Is there a way to modify it? In the meantime I did the redirect in .htaccess.

I think because the user who posted the thread was on the non www version of the page. I can't find other explanation.

I'm getting this error recently, which causes a downtime to the whole forum:

• Error: Call to undefined method XF\Entity\User::canViewSiropuChat()
  • src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Navigation/Tab.php:14
  • Feb 20, 2018 at 2:38 PM
Stack trace
#0 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(335): Siropu\Chat\Navigation\Tab::chat(Array, '', 'forums')
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(5657): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), 'forums', Array)
#2 src/XF/Pub/App.php(462): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), 'forums', Array)
#3 src/XF/Pub/App.php(415): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, 'forums')
#4 src/XF/App.php(1724): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t\n...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t\n...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#7 src/XF/App.php(1889): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(23) "/threads/mod-menu.9728/"
["referrer"] => string(47) "https:// mysite /threads/mod-menu.9728/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

The way the chat refresh is implemented seems to be pretty inefficient. Rather than only fetching new/changed messages it seems to download the entire chat content and replace the html. Since with a chat that is used a lot and preferably with as little delay as possible (I have it set to refresh once a second), this amounts to a very large amount of traffic as well as a laggy shoutbox once there are too many messages, presumably because it replaces the entire html every time.

As you can see in the following screenshot, just having the chat enabled will result in 100kb/s traffic per connected user, and let's not even talk about what this does to people on mobile, where they only have limited data available.

KpwE0dg8ajGi6xD5.png

The bug when you edit a chat message before sending it is quite annoying, hope you can provide a fix for it soon Siropu, thank you so much for your effort!

Bug: When I click the "+1" to check who liked my chat message, the field is empty. It doesn't state who liked the message.

Sorry for the delayed response, I have missed all the posts.

I'm getting this error recently, which causes a downtime to the whole forum:
When do you get that? It's weird because that method exists and valid.

The way the chat refresh is implemented seems to be pretty inefficient.
That's how AJAX chat works. Like I said before, I'm planing to implement node.js if possible.

Rather than only fetching new/changed messages it seems to download the entire chat content and replace the html.
It only fetches new messages and users, not the entire chat content.

I have it set to refresh once a second
That's too often.

The bug when you edit a chat message before sending it is quite annoying, hope you can provide a fix for it soon Siropu, thank you so much for your effort!
I can't reproduce this. Can you please provide more details and steps to reproduce?

Bug: When I click the "+1" to check who liked my chat message, the field is empty. It doesn't state who liked the message.
Can't reproduce this. Is possible that the user unliked the message before you clicked the link.

How do I get the chat from not displaying on top of the taskbar?
What taskbar?

@Siropu Can you come and see what does not work in CSS? thank you
Have you set the guest room in chat admin options?

Those likes are from guests. I will prevent guest likes in the next release because any guest can unlike a like from another guest.

I would just like him to see the cat not necessarily messages Mias this CSS code reduces the size of the chat when you are not logged in. Do you know what's the trouble in this CSS code:

CSS:
#siropuChat .bbMediaWrapper, #siropuChat .bbOembed, #siropuChat .bbMediaJustifier, #siropuChat iframe { max-width: 260px !important; max-height: 80px; }

Top Bottom