Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
There are currently no pictures in the chat.
The warning appears in Firefox.
Chrome and Edge says "safe".
Firefox also shows "safe" for a colleague.
Only with me. I don't understand that.

Last edited:
There are currently no pictures in the chat.
The warning appears in Firefox.
Chrome and Edge says "safe".
Firefox also shows "safe" for a colleague.
Only with me. I don't understand that.
That's weird. I can have a quick look if you need some help?

Great add-on.

I just updated from XF 2.0.x to XF 2.1.7. Still running Chat 2.0.18, and planned to upgrade to Chat 2.1.7

I ran the upgrade on my test site with no errors, but now the chat window won't appear anywhere. All the permissions are correct and the same as they were prior to the upgrade. All of the option settings are correct and match what I use on my main site.

What am I missing?

Following the "shoutbox" instructions listed with the 2.1.5 update, I noticed the room name and Browse Rooms link are still shown, even though the user does not have permission to browse rooms. I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work but it seems that whole bar should be hidden if there's only one room and user doesn't have permission.

View attachment 218239

View attachment 218240
If everything is setup correctly, it doesn't get displayed. Are there outdated chat templates?
Hi,
I have the exact same issue but no outdated templates, any idea what else it could be please?
Thank you.

Analyze the permissions and see if everything is ok. You might have a custom user permission set differently.
Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I have tried this, also analysed the permissions then made sure by resetting - but still the same I'm afraid to say..

In admin options set the Guest room and in user group permissions for "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" group set "View chat", "Use chat" and "Join rooms" set to 1.

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvement

Added option to reset joined rooms for all Chat users. This can be useful if you want to set new default joined rooms or if you want to set up the Chat as a Shoutbox. The option is found in the Options user menu and requires permission "Reset user data" under "Chat admin permissions".

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom