1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change username colour on the discussion list

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Lost, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

I've been trying to change the colour of the usernames on the discussion list but I can't seem to find the correct style property. Can anyone help me?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

Thanks Brogan.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just to add, if you want to change the last poster user name colour you can add something like this to EXTRA.css:
    Code:
    .discussionListItem .lastPostInfo a.username {
    color: orange;
    }

5. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

Awesome! Is there something I can add to EXTRA.css to change just the colour of the thread starter in the discussions list?

6. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

FYI, it appears that mods and admins see a lighter color when members have chosen privacy?

7. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

I only just migrated my forum the other day, so I haven't noticed it yet but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.

8. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

correct. but your able to style this to your choosing I opted the same colour usergroup route but lowered opacity adding the following to the extra.css template.

invisible-user.png
    Code:
    .sidebar .invisible {
    opacity: 0.3;
    }

Edit: Bare in mind for usergroups colours to be pulled in the sidebar member user online block you'll have to make a template edit in sidebar_online_users Template.

Search:
    Code:
    class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{$user.username}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>

Replace with:
    Code:
    class="username{xen:if '!{$user.visible}', ' invisible'}{xen:if {$user.followed}, ' followed'}">{xen:helper richUserName, $user}</a><xen:if is="{$i} < {$onlineUsers.limit}">,</xen:if>

Lost likes this.