California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done all involved and to the moderators for having to put up with, erm, yeah (I can't swear).

All I want now is to see the faces of people who 'left', 'talked negative', spread false rumors about XF. :D

KAM, you made my day. Now just show up in the staff online :D

I'm not a "hater" in the least. I'm extremely thrilled for Xenforo et al. I just had a question. Sometimes thingaren't as easy as they seem. Being independent doesn't me free from IB. For all I know, IB could have purchased XF BUT still kept it "independent" from vbulletin. In other words, IP would now own two forum software companies-both independent of each other in terms of branding, staff and development. Of course, I hope the absolute best for XF. :)

I very much doubt KAM would agree to any handover of XF to IB - but why not PM Kier and ask him directly if IB has any hand in the finances of XF and if any of your renewal fees will go anywhere near IB's purse?

I'm not a "hater" in the least. I'm extremely thrilled for Xenforo et al. I just had a question. Sometimes thingaren't as easy as they seem. Being independent doesn't me free from IB. For all I know, IB could have purchased XF BUT still kept it "independent" from vbulletin. In other words, IP would now own two forum software companies-both independent of each other in terms of branding, staff and development. Of course, I hope the absolute best for XF. :)
I'm sorry Gabby, but that's ridiculous.

If that were to happen, it wouldn't be kept a secret.

And presumably seeing the way the lawsuit ended, the two companies part their separate ways and continue developing their own products. Or, in IBs' case, continue to ruin theirs and find someone else to drag through the mud.

A massive thank you to the Mods and also to the awesome Resource makers, who have literally kept this place alive during these difficult times.
Couldn't agree more. In my opinion the mods and selected resource makers deserve to get their licenses extended by an additional 1 year.

Hold on for a minute folks - The settlement terms are confidential. Is there a chance XF's under IB's control? Or it's the real 'Big Win' we all have been waiting for?

Sorry, just want to confirm before I go dance on the streets.

I'm pleased to see this horrid situation over with. It's been a long ordeal for all involved and cause of many a sleepless night I'd imagine. I just went ahead and renewed my licenses in support.

We'll continue to support XenForo into the future, and I sincerely hope communication returns to normal going forward... Best wishes, and kudos for fighting this out.

Ok Chris... I hope this is the case. It's not a ridiculous question in the least. We actually know little except that the case has ended-thank goodness for XF.

Hold on for a minute folks - The settlement terms are confidential. Is there a chance XF's under IB's control? Or it's the real 'Big Win' we all have been waiting for?

It's not under IB's control. Otherwise IB would be singing and dancing about it - you cant keep something like that hidden.

Its over. Be happy and get back to posting on the forums. Time to put an end to the nonsense :)

That's a thought Click. but I don't want to bother any of them. I was just making my observation. :)

I've been plenty sceptical myself but you'd have a had time convincing me KAM would go through all that they've been through to simply hand it over at the last. I just can't see that happening.

Agree to walk away with nothing (except the case being brought to a close) - but not hand it over, no. (y)

Read Chris Deeming's reply (y)

My point exactly. Independent can be many different things. Independent of what?

I've been plenty sceptical myself but you'd have a had time convincing me KAM would go through all that they've been through to simply hand it over at the last. I just can't see that happening.

Agree to walk away with nothing (except the case being brought to a close) - but not hand it over, no. (y)

You have no idea what KAM agreed to, especially in times of such financial and emotional stress. Maybe KAM can answer just one question. "Does IB have ANYTHING further to do with XF? " If he can't under the confidential terms of the settlement, then I have my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom