California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go

Today is a victory for competition in the marketplace. We’re delighted to have helped a small company like XenForo successfully defend itself and remain independent.

Beautiful, thank you rexxxy! That is all that any of us wanted to know out of the "secret" terms of settlement -- that XF remained independent and separate from IB once and for all. We as a userbase honestly don't need to know, and don't have a right, to anything else, but this is ALL-important to every single person here.

Click.. This has nothing to do with ridiculous conspiracy theory and I see that MANY here have had A LOT of crap to say about this lawsuit-over and over and over again. Now that it is over, pardon my asking one damn question. I doubt if everything is as cut and dry as people are posting-I hope it is though. KAM can't say much of anything but their lawyers should specify just exactly what "independent' means in terms of collaboration, financial, staffing and so on.

You are theorising that IB may have control of XF and, as such, are wanting clarification because you don't want any of your money going to IB. Am I right?

So I'm curious as to how have you arrived at such a theory? What leads you to believe this may be the case? You must have some information to reason that this might have happened?

I'm not getting at you BTW - just curious as to how you can theorise that IB may be the new owners of XF? It's interesting, but to me it equally seems a bit far fetched in the face of all that has happened. That's all.

Apologies if I've upset you, that wasn't the intent, and you're quite possibly not the only person wondering this. (y)

You are theorising that IB may have control of XF and, as such, are wanting clarification because you don't want any of your money going to IB. Am I right?

So I'm curious as to how have you arrived at such a theory? What leads you to believe this may be the case? You must have some information to reason that this might have happened?

I'm not getting at you BTW - just curious as to how you can theorise that IB may be the new owners of XF? It's interesting, but to me it equally seems a bit far fetched in the face of all that has happened. That's all.

Apologies if I've upset you, that wasn't the intent, and you're quite possibly not the only person wondering this. (y)

I don't know anything, and neither do you. I can't theorizse anything not do I care to. I just want clarification. That's about it.

Reposting Slavik's post from here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/crosses-fingers.45085/page-3#post-483269

Ok, Grace Law's website was updated yesterday with some information we can gleen.

http://gracelaw.com/NewsXF.html

Grace+Grace LLP, a Southern California law firm of intellectual property trial attorneys, has secured an important victory for its clients XenForo Limited and founders Ashley Busby, Kier Darby, and Michael Sullivan in their long-running dispute with Internet Brands, Inc. and its vBulletin software subsidiaries.

After more than two years of litigation before a Los Angeles federal court and the English High Court of Justice in London, England, the parties have reached a confidential settlement agreement dismissing all of vBulletin Solutions, Inc.’s and Jelsoft Enterprises Limited’s claims.

Lead trial attorney, Michael Grace, stated, “We are pleased that the last litigation cloud has been lifted, so that XenForo can focus all of its resources on enhancing the features and functions of XenForo software. The Internet Brands litigations failed because of XenForo’s loyal customers, who supported XenForo’s dedicated, independent software development efforts over the past three years.”

Mr. Grace continued, “Today is a victory for competition in the marketplace. We’re delighted to have helped a small company like XenForo successfully defend itself and remain independent. The talented developers created XenForo software from scratch and have earned the chance to sell their software in the marketplace without further threats or false allegations. We believe that XenForo has a very bright future.”

Strongly suggesting that the settlement terms were very much in XenForos favor.

KAM will be unable to discuss it. So don't bother asking.

This confirms the case in the UK is also over.

And most importantly, XenForo remains with KAM, no transfer of property has taken place.

A great day indeed. Not going to let the conspiracy nut ruin what is a perfect day with unfounded theories or even thoughts of some sinister motive that took place behind closed doors. Enjoy it and renew or purchase a license.

Please stop calling me a conspiracy theoriest. I have done no such thing. I am just asking for clarification. That is it. Just because someone has a question doesn't make them a bad person or have nothing better to do that create drama. I just have a question. THAT IS IT!!! I am very happy for KAM, VERY. By the way, calling people names looks really bad for this forum and xf.

Please stop calling me a conspiracy theoriest. I have done no such thing. I am just asking for clarification. That is it. Just because someone has a question doesn't make them a bad person or have nothing better to do that create drama. I just have a question. THAT IS IT!!! I am very happy for KAM, VERY. By the way, calling people names looks really bad for this forum and xf.

I agree. There's no need to attack/denigrate Gabby.

I am just happy that its over no.w We have been waiting much to long for this.
And i am also looking forward to buy a license and build my new Project with it.

So, thanks to that Peaople who brought the Lawsuit to its end

Please stop calling me a conspiracy theoriest. I have done no such thing. I am just asking for clarification. That is it. Just because someone has a question doesn't make them a bad person or have nothing better to do that create drama. I just have a question. THAT IS IT!!!
Please understand that a lot of us regulars have been fielding these questions for all of today and all of yesterday - it's nothing personal. You shouldn't have been attacked for just asking.

The way I see it is that we're tired of having to answer the question over and over, is all. I think a lot of us just want to celebrate today! It's already been stated - by XenForo's lawyers, no less - that they remain independent.

Okay, okay, let's all calm down.

Back to posititivity!

Congratulations to xenForo on an epic end to all of this MADNESS! :D
Sh*tloads of people...that's who :p
Let the floodgates open!

I think it's great that not only can XenForo move forward but everyone in this community can too! No more holding back, no more "I'm afraid to do anything because of the lawsuit". We know the answer, and it's the one we all hoped for.

So let's get back to building our communities! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom