California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is ridiculous.

When there's massive cause for celebration, why do people have to ruin it

It's absolutely crystal clear (remember "We are not fighting for nothing") that KAM would have had absolutely no intention to "sell out" to IB in any way at all.

Yep the specific terms would be confidential. But you cannot keep something such as company ownership a secret.

It's over, they're happy and proud it's over, we're happy and proud of KAM. Let's move on and stay positive :)

You have no idea what KAM agreed to, especially in times of such financial and emotional stress. Maybe KAM can answer just one question. "Does IB have ANYTHING further to do with XF? " If he can't unders the confidential terms of the settlement, then I have my answer.
Gabby - their lawyers posted on their website saying "XenForo Remains Independent" if thats not enough for you then you really dont belong here ;)

This is ridiculous.

When there's massive cause for celebration, why do people have to ruin it

It's absolutely crystal clear (remember "We are not fighting for nothing") that KAM would have had absolutely no intention to "sell out" to IB in any way at all.

Yep the specific terms would be confidential. But you cannot keep something such as company ownership a secret.

It's over, they're happy and proud it's over, we're happy and proud of KAM. Let's move on and stay positive :)
Ditto! I guess we've got a few members here who were only ever here to see the outcome and wont accept that it actually ended, and ended fairly well.

Its party time, not pooping time!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You have no idea what KAM agreed to, especially in times of such financial and emotional stress. Maybe KAM can answer just one question. "Does IB have ANYTHING further to do with XF? " If he can't unders the confidential terms of the settlement, then I have my answer.

I'm not saying they did - just that I can't imagine that they would hand XF over. I just can't see that happening, not after everything they've done and been through.

TBH I do think it's all a bit too "conspiracy theory" for me - all this "Is IB secretly in control of XF and fleecing us for license renewals?"

If you seriously think that then just walk away because no one can prove you right/wrong one way or another. :D

Boy am I at Vbulletin.
Gabby - their lawyers posted on their website saying "XenForo Remains Independent" if thats not enough for you then you really dont belong here ;)[/quote

I share in the celebration but I just have one quesiton. Why is this such a biggy?

WooHoo ... congrats to XF and what a monumental relief for KAM and their families!

Now, with the winnings and payout to KAM from IB ... it would be awesome to see a quite a few Add-ons removed from the Release Manager due to having been purchased by XF for inclusion into v1.2 :) Bugger the $110 renewal, they can have $150 to help fund it :)

Well, on the 13th I'll have to renew mine as well. But I think I'll just get the 255 day extension, get a new license and later on, during the year, do a renew.
Yeah, the license I need to renew is supposed to be eligible for that license extension.

Click.. This has nothing to do with ridiculous conspiracy theory and I see that MANY here have had A LOT of crap to say about this lawsuit-over and over and over again. Now that it is over, pardon my asking one damn question. I doubt if everything is as cut and dry as people are posting-I hope it is though. KAM can't say much of anything but their lawyers should specify just exactly what "independent' means in terms of collaboration, financial, staffing and so on.

Why is everyone after "settlement information" . Aren't you glad it's all over seems like 1.2 Development is going ahead as planned and everyone will get what they need .

Well it was about the time i am glad it's over . Time to focus on some new projects been planning from last year.

Why is everyone after "settlement information" . Aren't you glad it's all over seems like 1.2 Development is going ahead as planned and everyone will get what they need .

Well it was about the time i am glad it's over . Time to focus on some new projects been planning from last year.
]

Me too. And I hope it develops into a wonderful software free from the usual forum harrassment we see so often when there is disagreement.

So, I joined this site in January 2012. I learned about the lawsuit that very day.

Despite all the uncertainty, I bought XenForo on December 25th 2012.

I have been a fan of XenForo since the first day. I have waited 409 days to read the announcement we just got. For those of us who have been here since the beginning: you have waited 2 years, 4 months, and 25 days. That's 125 weeks. 879 days. 21,090 hours. 1,265,431 minutes. 75,925,860 seconds. And finally, it is over.

It is a good day to be a XenForo fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom