California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very happy for XF but I have a concern and I'm not joining the party quite yet. Without being able to know the details of the settlement, how do we know that XF will remain IB free in terms of mutual involvement and so on. While I"M VERY glad the lawsuit aspect seems to be closed for now, is XF's involvement with IB really over? I would like clarification of this as I WILL not ever pay another dime to IB.

Here you go
Today is a victory for competition in the marketplace. We’re delighted to have helped a small company like XenForo successfully defend itself and remain independent.

tumblr_liy0b1yBFZ1qgkqd7.gif

Glad the right outcome was achieved :)

Here you go

Also

After more than two years of litigation before a Los Angeles federal court and the English High Court of Justice in London, England, the parties have reached a confidential settlement agreement dismissing all of vBulletin Solutions, Inc.’s and Jelsoft Enterprises Limited’s claims.

Guess what? It's late in the night here (almost half past midnight) and I just shouted in excitement. Gotta be burning crackers. Way to go, KAM. I'm fukin renewing my license next week. (y)(y)

Who's in favor of all the haters getting put on the discourage list for like a week at minimum?

:D

That's a bit unfair - especially as some of those "haters" were people with genuine concerns who were not getting anything concrete from a company (who's software) they'd invested in.

It's great that the lawsuit is over and development is going to restart - it's the good news many of us have been waiting for for a long time - but KAM have some bridges to build too ... (y)

I'm not a "hater" in the least. I'm extremely thrilled for Xenforo et al. I just had a question. Sometimes thingaren't as easy as they seem. Being independent doesn't me free from IB. For all I know, IB could have purchased XF BUT still kept it "independent" from vbulletin. In other words, IP would now own two forum software companies-both independent of each other in terms of branding, staff and development. Of course, I hope the absolute best for XF. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom