California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamil

This topic contains the relative files to the case file in California, between vBulletin Solutions Inc, and XenForo Ltd.

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA (Western Division - Los Angeles)
CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 2:10-cv-08209-R -JEM
vBulletin Solutions, Inc. v. Xenforo Limited et al
Assigned to: Judge Manuel L. Real
Referred to: Magistrate Judge John E. McDermott
Cause: 17:101 Copyright Infringement

Date Filed: 10/29/2010
Jury Demand: Both
Nature of Suit: 820 Copyright
Jurisdiction: Federal Question

PACER Case Access

All status updates are here: http://shamil.co.uk/vbulletin-solutions-vs-xenforo-limited-etc.html

Docket Files and Documents
Claims List and Map
Motions List and Map
Attorney List

AnthonyCea

It looks like there is no legal jurisdiction for a lawsuit to proceed in California against Xenforo, the forms you misinterpreted are required for the motion if the judge decides to sign them to dismiss the lawsuit.

Blandt

The case is dismissed with prejudice (The motion to dismiss is granted) which means the judge left the door open for IB to refile again

AnthonyCea

Who said the case was dismissed ??

I saw no signature of any judge on any form.

PS: Is there a reason to link to the other site ??

PPS: That made my eyes sore !!

Blandt

If they refiled, and somehow ended up with Judge Real again, what would happen?
I doubt that they are going to refile again ... I said this when they first filed .. : jurisdiction doesn't exist. doesn't exist now and will not exist in the future... if so what's stopping them to file in NY ? Canada ? heck the Aussie land ? It's not arbitrary you know :D

IB filed for intimidation purposes ... and indeed they have scared potential users and customers ... They gambled .. and lost..

and I am a big time vB license holder with 10+ live vB sites ... I do not wish them harm, I just wish they can play fair and square

Shamil

You can't re-file and get another judge that might suit you better. This case or any other that deals with the same subject matter will always be presided over by Judge Real.
I updated my post when I realised what I said was utter tosh. Thanks for confirming Kier :)

Shamil

I doubt that they are going to refile again ... I said this when they first filed .. : jurisdiction doesn't exist. doesn't exist now and will not exist in the future... if so what's stopping them to file in NY ? Canada ? heck the Aussie land ? It's not arbitrary you know :D

IB filed for intimidation purposes ... and indeed they have scared potential users and customers ... They gambled .. and lost..

and I am a big time vB license holder with 10+ live vB sites ... I do not wish them harm, I just wish they can play fair and square
I've updated my post - what I said was utter tosh.

Carlos

Why is Delaware brought into this suit? I'm wondering because I recently had just incorporated my company in california...This court paper screams "get incorporated in Delaware!" to me.

jmurrayhead

Why is Delaware brought into this suit? I'm wondering because I recently had just incorporated my company in california...This court paper screams "get incorporated in Delaware!" to me.
A lot of businesses register in Delaware for tax reasons. Delaware offers many benefits, particularly low costs, low franchise taxes, no sales or personal property tax, etc.
http://www.ehow.com/incorporate-a-business/#ixzz17SPFtdx8

Status
Not open for further replies.