Best Hosting provider for XenForo?

I have the SSD VPS with WT. Things are smooth now except for the out of memory errors.

ServInt's plans are interesting, but overpriced in my opinion for a US datacenter.

I have the SSD VPS with WT. Things are smooth now except for the out of memory errors.
When I was there, it looked like they have no idea what they are doing. Out of memory errors aren't that smooth.

ServInt's plans are interesting, but overpriced in my opinion for a US datacenter.

As I shop around, that might be true. But, support has been good for me when I needed it. I'm going to start a new thread to keep this one on topic.

As I shop around, that might be true. But, support has been good for me when I needed it. I'm going to start a new thread to keep this one on topic.
Their support is good if you are using common things server wise. For me they were a deal breaker when they said that they don't support Litespeed and any evolving problem(s) with xCache, so I left.

Are there any optimized Xenforo hosts? Who do people like and use? XFhost seemed good, but they sold and I am not familiar with the company that bought them. But I like the idea of memcache and optimized servers. That was appealing.

Are there any optimized Xenforo hosts? Who do people like and use? XFhost seemed good, but they sold and I am not familiar with the company that bought them. But I like the idea of memcache and optimized servers. That was appealing.
You can achieve the same "optimization" with every VPS out there. There is no such a thing as "XenForo optimized hosting company". There is nothing special to optimize with memcache or APC (or xCache) with XenForo.

You can achieve the same "optimization" with every VPS out there. There is no such a thing as "XenForo optimized hosting company". There is nothing special to optimize with memcache or APC (or xCache) with XenForo.

Oh really? So how can they sell it like that? I know there are wordpress optimized managed hosts, so I figured this was the same as Xenforo special hosting.

Oh really? So how can they sell it like that? I know there are wordpress optimized managed hosts, so I figured this was the same as Xenforo special hosting.
One of the benefits would be that the host is very familiar with Xenforo. Therefore, if you're having trouble with your installation or don't know how to do something related to Xenforo, they're more likely to have experience with the issue. Given the level of support here, though, I don't consider that an absolute selling point--but some people may.

I moved from XF Host to Nimbus and could not be happier...I haven't noticed any lag time, support has been excellent, migration was quick and smooth and uptime has been 100% (knock on wood). I would NOT choose XHhost.net - sorry to say...

What is this cloud hosting hype about? Just received an email stating that vbulletin is starting a cloud hosting service with AWS... Admins can choose plans starting from $15/m...

What's the idea about hosting a site entirely on cloud service like AWS? Is it be beneficial for all: in terms if cost, speed etc

What is this cloud hosting hype about? Just received an email stating that vbulletin is starting a cloud hosting service with AWS... Admins can choose plans starting from $15/m...

What's the idea about hosting a site entirely on cloud service like AWS? Is it be beneficial for all: in terms if cost, speed etc

AWS is unmanaged, so you will have to have the knowledge to setup/fix your own server. I have a few setup right now I'm testing on, everything works good.

Anyone have experience with digital Ocean? I have been looking into their 20 dollar plan. Is it an issue to get my site transferred over - up and running from a shared hosting plan with Cpanel? Thanks for any input. @MattW - I see you have them listed in your sig - thoughts or recommendations?

i currently use 30-40 gigs of bandwidth a month now.

2GB Memory
2 Cores
40GB SSD Disk
3TB Transfer

Anyone have experience with digital Ocean? I have been looking into their 20 dollar plan. Is it an issue to get my site transferred over - up and running from a shared hosting plan with Cpanel? Thanks for any input. @MattW - I see you have them listed in your sig - thoughts or recommendations?

i currently use 30-40 gigs of bandwidth a month now.

2GB Memory
2 Cores
40GB SSD Disk
3TB Transfer
Go to @MattW's website, he's reviewed them and others.

Yes.
But if you can manage the server your own without any web base control panel then it's better.
I recommend CentminMod.

Yes.
But if you can manage the server your own without any web base control panel then it's better.
I recommend CentminMod.
Yes to which one? What does it consist of running your own server. I visit my current Cpanel to view files once in awhile - thats it, nothing more.

Top Bottom