VelocityIO - Hosting Powered by Lite Speed Enterprise -35 Percent off for 3 Invoices-

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was always very helpful to me :) if they are making changes perhaps a heads up would be awesome! This doesn't make me want to abandon velocity though..I've always been very satisfied with them.

*fingers crossed for good news soon*

First downtime I've ever had with them - really weird. It's not making me think about vacating them, though. I've seen bigger hosts than VelocityIO go down without telling their customers first for hours because of some unforeseen issue, and then there's the small hosts who are always crashing and giving a million and one excuses for it - so while this is frustrating, I'm going to wait until I speak to Max (I've already Skyped him, but it's around 4.30am where he is) before making any judgement calls on lack of communication, etc.

i wrote scam hosting, not scam guy!
Yes, you did, but throwing that out in the middle of this thread insinuates that VelocityIO is a scam hosting company - and they're not.

The hosting seems good but not having any support after hours is a bit disappointing, I'm in a different time zone and have lost about 6 hours of prime forum time. :(

Hey All,

I apologize for the lack of communication, all of our servers colocated at quadranet miami are down for some reason and I've been trying to find out why. None of our managed VPS customers are effected because those are at linode.

I haven't been able to communicate or email with of our customers because everything is down.

I'm currently handling it all now.

Once everything is resolved we will be passing out credits to everyone's accounts for the inconvenience. This is also not the first time we have major issues with Quadranet, so future servers will be sent somewhere else and old servers will be moved out over time as customers are upgraded to the new ones.

This is also not the first time we have major issues with Quadranet, so future servers will be sent somewhere else and old servers will be moved out over time as customers are upgraded to the new ones.
General issues or specific to the Miami location? When I had my server at their Dallas location I never had any issues - of course, it was their server and I wasn't co-lo'ing anything.

Everything is now up. Again I apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank everyone for their patience. We will be looking for a new home for our servers in the future.
Is there some reason you couldn't have popped in and given us all a quick heads up so we didn't have to spend all night with our thumbs in our asses, wondering what the **** happened to you and your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom