VelocityIO - Hosting Powered by Lite Speed Enterprise -35 Percent off for 3 Invoices-

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like he moved his own site rpnation.com off of the hosting, and off of Xenforo, and his whois comes up under linode.com

RpN has never once been on our own hosting. I don't mix pleasure with business.

Is there some reason you couldn't have popped in and given us all a quick heads up so we didn't have to spend all night with our thumbs in our asses, wondering what the **** happened to you and your business?

I was sleeping actually. No one else came over to tell you guys about it because no one from vIO comes on xF to talk to some of you like I do. The datacenter did not make any attempts to reach out to us last night while anyone of us were sleeping. I fixed it the moment I noticed when I woke up early this morning.

I was sleeping actually. No one else came over to tell you guys about it because no one from vIO comes on xF to talk to some of you like I do. The datacenter did not make any attempts to reach out to us last night while anyone of us were sleeping. I fixed it the moment I noticed when I woke up early this morning.
i have a few problems with this. first, why don't you have an assigned backup on the forum in case you're not available? all of this could have been forestalled if someone would have hit the forum and said something. second, why are you in business with a data center that does not contact its clients? that's not exactly promising news for the future should this type of thing happen again in the middle of the night. lastly, if there are other people working with you, why is no one on overnight duty or available in emergencies? there was no way for any of us to get in touch with you or the company. no phone, no email, nothing. that's a big hole you have to fix.

i have a few problems with this. first, why don't you have an assigned backup on the forum in case you're not available? all of this could have been forestalled if someone would have hit the forum and said something. second, why are you in business with a data center that does not contact its clients? that's not exactly promising news for the future should this type of thing happen again in the middle of the night. lastly, if there are other people working with you, why is no one on overnight duty or available in emergencies? there was no way for any of us to get in touch with you or the company. no phone, no email, nothing. that's a big hole you have to fix.
The reason we don't have a backup forum person is because my being here is a courtesy and technically we require all official communication to be on our site. Yet we haven't cracked down on customers PMing us here. Something you've taken advantage of plenty of times yourself including after hours. Now I don't control the data center and this is the second time we've had a major outage but what I can do is go some where else.

If you feel that you are unsatisfied with your service please let us know. We do have an exit policy where we will move you to your new host free of charge if they don't move you in for free.

I will work on more methods of communication but I'm done accepting them on here or slack or other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom