Before I buy...

EchoThruMe

I have been thinking all along that I was going to purchase a vBulletin license and then I found this software. I am very impressed but I would like to see a few example forums besides the one here. I am curious to see how customizable the look of the forum is. Can some of you please share with me a link to your forum so I can have a look. Also, are you all happy with your XenForo experience? The more details the better.

Thanks everyone!

So far I am loving what I see. I have a few more questions for you all though...

1. Once I buy the software is there a yearly fee to maintain it? If not what are the fees?

2. Is there any mobile support for xenforo?

3. Are there purchasable themes for the forum or is all the customization done with the color modification system?

4. Does xenforo come with software to prevent bots and spam form infiltrating the forum? Plugins?

5. Is a blog section included with the forum software?

6. How easy is it to search engine optimize the software?

I'm currently converting my RP site over to XenForo. I'm using my XF development site to convert it over. The style is far from completed as I am focusing more on the coding side of it as I need to implement a few things before I continue with the style.

I have already fixed some issues between FF and IE, but not all. I chose to support the latest versions of all the main browsers only.

Here is the forum:
http://www.xenfx.net/community/

Here is an example of using Pages:
http://www.xenfx.net/community/pages/training-hall/

What the hell? Your site looks awesome!

It's official I'm in. Just bought about three minutes ago, just waiting my 10 minutes to be associated with forum. Yippeee... Now I have no idea how to install it so which me luck. LOL

I am about to buy and install Xenforo onto my hostgator server. I have run into the dilemma... um. of how to do it. Since it is fresh in your mind, could you lend a hand?

Echo, it's almost too easy. Just create a msql database, upload XF, put in your database info , create a admin account and it basically self installs after that. It took all of five minutes at best. And I am a complete goof when it comes to this stuff.

Good luck and I hope you find this forum software as nice as I do. :)

Here you go Echo. This is the site I'm doing for my sister. Trying to match the mainsite that I'm also doing. Don't laugh, it's the best I can do for now as I know NOTHING about all that coding stuff.
<link removed>

Still has a way to go... Be gentle :) LOL
Liking it. Working on uploading mine now. Getting hooked to my server has turned out to be quite a *****.

Ah.. you can do it. For some reason, it was so very easy for me. Now I hope I didn't do anything wrong because it seemed to easy. LOL I'm sure there are plently of folks here that could help you with you with uploading it. I wish I could help you but I'm not real great with all the tech stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing your site develop.:)

Gabby

Here you go Echo. This is the site I'm doing for my sister. Trying to match the mainsite that I'm also doing. Don't laugh, it's the best I can do for now as I know NOTHING about all that coding stuff.
<link removed>

Still has a way to go... Be gentle :) LOL

Your site actually has a great theme, and it looks really nice! I guess you don't need to know that much about coding to set up a forum like that.

You do if you want to make it more advanced.

Top Bottom