Why should I buy this?

Solution
xenForo software is great for many reasons you can find by some deep searching, comparing, and testing. As I get notified that you love one of our themes, so If you decide to choose xenForo and get a license I will give you that theme for free.
But another thing I discovered here was about license usage. If you don't use it for 2 years, you lose it?
That is simply not true. You lose the right to upgrades and to ticket support. But you can continue with your forum and you can also get full access to the community support (unlike IPS I think) .Even then I think its may be that some security upgrades could be available.

But what I meant is that after 2 years you simply have to pay the full price again (499) instead of renewing, if you are not renewing your license within 2 years. That's a little sad.
No you don't. You can have a licence for 5 years and not renew it once and still only pay 1 renewal fee when you want to renew it.

That is simply not true. You lose the right to upgrades and to ticket support. But you can continue with your forum and you can also get full access to the community support (unlike IPS I think) .Even then I think its may be that some security upgrades could be available.

No you don't. You can have a licence for 5 years and not renew it once and still only pay 1 renewal fee when you want to renew it.

Hareon was referring to IPS' new license policies where you lose it if you dont renew it within 2 years and then need to re pay the full license cost again.

it is nice that you are not forced to upgrade and have to buy again if you do not after some set time limit.
i most likely will not renew until i decide if this is a something i want to continue with.
my license just expired and there are plug ins that i need.
i am finding it is really harder than many think to get a forum going.

Top Bottom