Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
If you disable "Show child nodes in navtab" and "Show links from Forums navtab" It will still show the dropdown box, in the WidgetFramework_Listener::navigation_tabs function you should change the 'linksTemplate' line to
Code:
'linksTemplate' => (XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::styleProperty('wf_homeLinksChildNodes') || XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::styleProperty('wf_homeLinksForums'))?'wf_home_navtab_links':'',

Enhanced Search should not affect the widget though. Probably something else. Have you checked for Clear Sidebar widget? It can prevent widgets from showing up.

The WF didn't function at all, it didn't replace the default widgets or anything. So I compared the config.php's between staging and production and found one difference:

Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;

This line is in production's config.php and prevents the widget framework working. Commenting it out or changing it to "true" resolves my problem but creates another: our enhanced search starts giving errors, lot's of em. So I reverted the config.php to keep that setting on. Other add-ons (like the enhanced search) work with that setting set to 0 but the WF does not. Any workaround on this situation?

The WF didn't function at all, it didn't replace the default widgets or anything. So I compared the config.php's between staging and production and found one difference:

Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;

This line is in production's config.php and prevents the widget framework working. Commenting it out or changing it to "true" resolves my problem but creates another: our enhanced search starts giving errors, lot's of em. So I reverted the config.php to keep that setting on. Other add-ons (like the enhanced search) work with that setting set to 0 but the WF does not. Any workaround on this situation?

With listeners turned off I seriously doubt enhanced search is working (which would explain why there are no errors until you set that option to true), as a matter of fact, pretty much no add on will work as most rely on code event listeners, which that line disables. You'll need to enable it and Fix your errors in enhanced search.

With listeners turned off I seriously doubt enhanced search is working (which would explain why there are no errors until you set that option to true), as a matter of fact, pretty much no add on will work as most rely on code event listeners, which that line disables. You'll need to enable it and Fix your errors in enhanced search.

Well yeah that was pretty much the case. We found a fix for the enhanced search and now both work as designed. Thanks.

-I made a tabbed widget but I can't get the tabs to stay in a single line no matter what I do. Is there a way to shrink the text size of the tab text or some other formatting option?

CapturFiles.webp

-I tried to create a widget page but I couldn't get the URL field to take no matter how many different combinations of /forum/widget-pages/... I tried. Kept getting the 'must have url/node a-z, 0-9, ...' error.

@xfrocks
On latest version of XF and WF, the New Profile Post widget will only show profiles that are not hidden.
For example, if I set it to show 5 latest profile posts, but 3 of them are from members who restrict viewing of their profile posts, then the widget will only show 2 latest ones.
It should check permission and show 5 profile posts that can be viewed.

Reactions: rdn
-I made a tabbed widget but I can't get the tabs to stay in a single line no matter what I do. Is there a way to shrink the text size of the tab text or some other formatting option?

View attachment 86993

-I tried to create a widget page but I couldn't get the URL field to take no matter how many different combinations of /forum/widget-pages/... I tried. Kept getting the 'must have url/node a-z, 0-9, ...' error.
You got a link to your site

For the text size in EXTRA.css

Code:
.widget-tabs .tabs { font-size: 10px; border-bottom: none; }

or

.widget-tabs .tabs { font-size: 10px !important; border-bottom: none !important; }

The border bottom will remove this line
View attachment 87236

View attachment 87237
TJA - as it currently stands it's fine. I had to shorted up the text to get it in line. Before, it looked like the screen shot a few posts up. I was trying to keep the same texts there, just shrink it so they would fit into one row rather than two.

Trying to mimic the "Recent Posts" in a widget. Are using the "Threads" renderer and widget type "Latest replies". What I can not solve is when a new thread is created the first post will not appear in the widget. The new thread is not visible until a replay is posted in that thread.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Trying to mimic the "Recent Posts" in a widget. Are using the "Threads" renderer and widget type "Latest replies". What I can not solve is when a new thread is created the first post will not appear in the widget. The new thread is not visible until a replay is posted in that thread.

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

You'll probably need a custom renderer. I can probably make one for you when I have time (no promises of exactly when that would be though)

Top Bottom