Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
[BUG] In the New Threads widget if thread X was moved from forum A to forum B then you'll see 2 instances of thread X on the New Threads list.
When the thread was moved, did it leave a redirect? When XenForo creates a redirect, it gets its own thread ID number and therefore appears like any other thread. Presumably it can be worked around, since the tread list is able to add the arrow icon to it, but I've no idea how easy it would be to get this addon to ignore such threads.

Interestingly, someone else asked about this a week ago.

Has anyone used RSS Include to put rss boxes on the side bar with the widget framework?

I am trying to put multiple combined RSS feeds into the side panel . I have created them with RSS include but cant seem to convert them into the widget using the html renderers

here is a snapshot of rss include options showing my options to include the snippet
rssinclude.webp

Has anyone used RSS Include to put rss boxes on the side bar with the widget framework?

I am trying to put multiple combined RSS feeds into the side panel . I have created them with RSS include but cant seem to convert them into the widget using the html renderers

here is a snapshot of rss include options showing my options to include the snippet
View attachment 77867

Send me a convo message, I may be able to help you get things sorted in an optimal way.

Previously I had edited my 'forum statistics' in forum_list template to not include members by just commenting it out. I noticed my forum_list template still looks the same after installing this add-on, but that my forum statistics includes members again. Is there a way to remove that particular statistic from the widget?

What 2 columns? Like 2 sidebars? Or the threads on the left and the sidebar on the right (like the index page)?
Late because I was traveling. But I'd like to create a two-column news format for the widget page. So, it would be in the main content area and two columns right next to each other. It would not include the sidebar.

How do you add a widget render location? Can I wrap the widget rendering code in a condition that only shows up if the widget framework is installed?

You need to add an exclusion of templates the widget is added to. I want my widget on almost all the templates, excluding a single node. This is painful to have to include it when I have a bunch of custom nodes/pages.

Is there an easy way that I can make multiple instances of one of the renderers?
I wanted to use the "threads" renderer multiple times... for instance, I wanted to customize the look and layout of it for my homepage, and use it elsewhere in different ways in terms of the way it appears on the site.

Thanks!

@xfrocks

I have the latest version, 2.5.0d installed, and I have this error filling up my error log:
Error Info
ErrorException: Constant WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Empty.noVisitorPanel already defined - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Empty.php:46
Generated By: Mordred, 13 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Constant Widget...', '/home/markedrp/...', 46, Array)
#1 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Empty.php(46): define('WidgetFramework...', true)
#2 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(396): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Empty->render(Array, 'account_wrapper', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#3 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(313): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('account_wrapper', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#4 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(126): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('account_wrapper', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#5 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('account_wrapper', '???<div class="...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#6 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#7 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'account_wrapper')
#8 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#9 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#10 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#11 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#12 /home/markedrp/public_html/pandorarp.com/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

I think there's a bug with how user mentions are displayed in the recent status update widget. Instead of being linked to the profile (like @xfrocks), it shows something like this instead:

@[9036:@JohnDoe]

Can anyone else replicate this? I'm on XenForo 1.3.4 with the latest version of this plugin.

EDIT: Fixed! This was just an outdated template.

Last edited:
@xfrocks it appears that Widget Framework is messing up the order of certain Style Properties.

@Russ discovered it here when he initially reported it as a XenForo bug:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/style-property-ordering.78170/

I've now come across this with the Featured Threads add-on.

In both of these cases, the order of the Style Properties reverts to the correct order when Widget Framework is disabled.

Please can you provide a fix for this?

I'm looking at putting a scoreboard in on Saturday's for college football scores. I'm wondering which is the best way to accomplish this.

I know I can use a conditional phrase and place one after the first post, after the fifth post, etc. But I'm wondering if it would be better to use the WF add-on.

So if I have a thread that's "Game Thread," is there an expression that would limit that widget to that specific thread?

IE: If I wanted to put a widget on this node it would be $forum['node_id'] == 72

The url of this thread is http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-widget-framework.28014/page-176

I assume the expression would relate to the #28014 for this particular thread on this forum.

The widgets in my widget page seem not to want to appear in the locations I have set for them. The bottom row appears in the top row and vice versa. It seems that the last widget I touch jumps to the top.

[BUG] In the New Threads widget if thread X was moved from forum A to forum B then you'll see 2 instances of thread X on the New Threads list.

Another one:

[BUG] In the New Threads widget when you click on the author avatar you get the membercard shown however if you click on the author nickname you're redirected to the member's full profile. I think the proper behavior should be to show the membercard for consistency.

Top Bottom