Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Got this earlier, first error from your addon.

4JYbJ.png

For the Recent threads widget with snippet - how do you limit the characters it displays? at the moment it's showing full posts, where i'd like it to show 50 characters max in the sidebar from the thread.

On XF 1.1.4, WF 2.4.1 I'm getting the following error on the widget page (I've searched this thread but couldn't find anyone with the same error - but forgive if there is - I'm a blind a** b*****d sometimes):

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_BbCode_Parser::create() in /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Threads.php on line 329

Attached is a screenshot of the page itself. Any help would be appreciated :).
upload_2013-10-10_14-30-3.webp widgetpage.webp

@xfrocks
I installed RM 1.1 beta and got lot of errors on ACP like this
ErrorException: Undefined index: resource_category_id - library/XenResource/Model/Category.php:697
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenResource/Model/Category.php(697): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 697, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenResource/Model/Resource.php(1475): XenResource_Model_Category->standardizeViewingUserReferenceForCategory(Array, Array, NULL)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenResource/Model/Resource.php(788): XenResource_Model_Resource->standardizeViewingUserReferenceForCategory(Array, Array, NULL)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php(108): XenResource_Model_Resource->canViewResource(Array, Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(637): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_XFRM_Resources->_render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(338): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString))
#6 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(250): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '???????????<!--...')
#7 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(62): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#8 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_list', '?????????<div i...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#9 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list')
#11 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#12 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(119): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#13 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(604): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#14 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#15 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(31) "https://www.quantnet.com/forum/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forum/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

then the description needs updating - A snippet is part of the information, not the full post.

So it should read "Thread with full post" - not "Threads with Snippet" :)
You can argue that, however the text is actually a snippet with lots of information stripped out. I will add an option to limit the character then.

On XF 1.1.4, WF 2.4.1 I'm getting the following error on the widget page (I've searched this thread but couldn't find anyone with the same error - but forgive if there is - I'm a blind a** b*****d sometimes):

Attached is a screenshot of the page itself. Any help would be appreciated :).
View attachment 58650 View attachment 58651
You have found a bug! It's a conflict between v2.4.1 and XenForo 1.1.x. Fixed, will be released soon :D

@xfrocks
I installed RM 1.1 beta and got lot of errors on ACP like this
ErrorException: Undefined index: resource_category_id - library/XenResource/Model/Category.php:697
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenResource/Model/Category.php(697): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 697, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenResource/Model/Resource.php(1475): XenResource_Model_Category->standardizeViewingUserReferenceForCategory(Array, Array, NULL)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenResource/Model/Resource.php(788): XenResource_Model_Resource->standardizeViewingUserReferenceForCategory(Array, Array, NULL)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php(108): XenResource_Model_Resource->canViewResource(Array, Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(637): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_XFRM_Resources->_render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(338): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString))
#6 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(250): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '???????????<!--...')
#7 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(62): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#8 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_list', '?????????<div i...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#9 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list')
#11 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#12 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(119): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#13 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(604): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#14 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#15 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(31) "https://www.quantnet.com/forum/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/forum/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Looks like a conflict with RM 1.1, will take sometime to fix this ;)

... You have found a bug! It's a conflict between v2.4.1 and XenForo 1.1.x. Fixed, will be released soon :D

Thanks :). I have managed to get around it, the above error only occurred if I left the widget size as 1 x 1, if I increased it the error didn't occur HOWEVER (yes, there's always an however :p) it will only display one widget on the page.

I'm going to try to update to 1.2.2 on our dev site to see how that fixes things.

Looks like a conflict with RM 1.1, will take sometime to fix this ;)
xfrocks,
I suspect this is a problem with the XFRM widget. It does not show with the latest RM and when I disable that widget the errors stop.
Is there any quick fix for the time being?

xfrocks,
I suspect this is a problem with the XFRM widget. It does not show with the latest RM and when I disable that widget the errors stop.
Is there any quick fix for the time being?
Currently not because RM 1.1 introduce a new permission set (category-based permissions) hence lots of things need to be changed to make it work. More importantly, those changes are not backward-compatible so it will be even more difficult.

... I'm going to try to update to 1.2.2 on our dev site to see how that fixes things.

Upgraded to 1.2.2 (left RM at 1.0.0) and it has fixed the error, however the layouts I try just don't work. Is there an idiot's guide to widget pages?

**Edit ** I've figured out the layout but have questions regarding formatting of widgets but will post the questions on your site :).

Last edited:
Currently not because RM 1.1 introduce a new permission set (category-based permissions) hence lots of things need to be changed to make it work. More importantly, those changes are not backward-compatible so it will be even more difficult.

I'm sure you'll get it fixed well. Glad I wasn't the only one getting this error. It is pretty frequent.

@xfrocks do you think this will support the polls as a pie chart addon in the future by @ZeZeene ? I am not sure how to request this since I use both of your addons and together it would be even better. He said he was willing to help adapt it but I don't know if that is the proper way to get these to work together.

@xfrocks do you think this will support the polls as a pie chart addon in the future by @ZeZeene ? I am not sure how to request this since I use both of your addons and together it would be even better. He said he was willing to help adapt it but I don't know if that is the proper way to get these to work together.
Sorry, which add-on is that?

Top Bottom