Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Oh I think I have misunderstand you. I thought you were saying that I should install a "third-party" addon for a latest threads widget. This would defeat the point of widget framework because it is supposed to be the only place where we can manage our widgets. But I think what you meant is a renderer for widget framework (in a sense of an extension to widget framework), that doesn't come from you, right? Do you know where I can get one?
Yeah. You got me right this time.
And no, I actually don't know a renderer which shows the indicator. But you mentioned in your earlier post that you saw one?

New to Xenforo...

I've done this:
[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked
2. Import the .xml file using XenForo addon importer

I see Widget Framework in my Appearance section in the Admin CP... How do I actually get any of the widgets to appear on the forum?

New to Xenforo...

I've done this:
[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked
2. Import the .xml file using XenForo addon importer

I see Widget Framework in my Appearance section in the Admin CP... How do I actually get any of the widgets to appear on the forum?
You can start by click "Add Widget" and select a renderer (e.g. Threads or Users). Then you must put a position: if you want the widget to show up in the forum index, enter "forum_list". The rest of the fields can be left with their default values. Click Save all changes. You should be able to see it working.

I am terribly sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the solution myself.

I have a running XF with your excellent mod. I noticed that creating a widget that shows to "all" makes apache segfault, but this seems fixed in this update.

What I can't figure out is WHY I don't have sidebar, nor hooks, on search results, or activity pages.
In fact I can't find out if what create the sidebars in the first place is a MOD, your mod, or XF itself.

The page_container template contains a variable, $sidebar, that when tru enables sidebar CSS and DIVs.
For I don't know what reason, they never show up on search pages, and on activity streams
Can this be sorted out ? I need my sidebar everywhere, or at least on those two, and have WF work there too

Is that possible ?

thanks for anyone's help,

I am terribly sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find the solution myself.

I have a running XF with your excellent mod. I noticed that creating a widget that shows to "all" makes apache segfault, but this seems fixed in this update.

What I can't figure out is WHY I don't have sidebar, nor hooks, on search results, or activity pages.
In fact I can't find out if what create the sidebars in the first place is a MOD, your mod, or XF itself.

The page_container template contains a variable, $sidebar, that when tru enables sidebar CSS and DIVs.
For I don't know what reason, they never show up on search pages, and on activity streams
Can this be sorted out ? I need my sidebar everywhere, or at least on those two, and have WF work there too

Is that possible ?

thanks for anyone's help,

"all" position will display widgets in both search pages and activity stream (unless you are talking about custom pages by some other add-ons). This is confirmed with several sites under my management.

If you don't want to use the "all" position, you can target the search result page using position "search_results". Target the activity stream using position "news_feed_page_global".

Yes, but it wasn't a widget framework widget. For example on Chris' site or Jaxel's site. The HTML is different.
Ah, I can help you in that case. I will add the indicator to the todo list to see what I can do then.

got ya...

I was thinking the existing widgets that came with it would display automatically.
Yep, after installation, this add-on will try to recreate the original sidebar using its own widgets ;)

Is there anyway quick way to show resources in the same category of the resource being viewed?

I am guessing it is something like this

Code:
$category['resource_category_id'] == current category

Not sure what I should use for "current category" though :D.

how, if I want to use the Renderer = thread, and I only want it to show in the forum id = 33

thanks

Is there anyway quick way to show resources in the same category of the resource being viewed?

I am guessing it is something like this

Code:
$category['resource_category_id'] == current category

Not sure what I should use for "current category" though :D.
Probably in the next update ;)

i have problem with the order =(
i make new widget (html)
and make the order 2
which is bellow my information
but its stay in the last =( below " share this page "
what ever the number i put for the order its stay in the last

Top Bottom